di2 TT Bike Synchro Shift Questions

Livelee
Livelee Posts: 6
edited January 2018 in Workshop
Hi, 1st time poster so apologies if this is in the wrong forum section (admin please move if required)

I am hoping to find out some answers to some questions I have :)

I've recently bought a di2 equipped TT bike, this is my 1st di2 bike having used mechanical previously.

The equipment on the bike is as follows:
sm-btr2
sm-ew90-a
fd-6870
rd-6870-ss
st-9071-l (dual button front up and down)
st-9071-r (dual button rear up and down)
sw-9071-l (single button rear down)
sw-9071-r (single button rear up)

I have ordered:
bt-dn110
ew-wu111

So, once the bits arrive i'm good for Synchro Shift :)

What I would like to have is for my single button bar end shifters to be used for up and down with sync shift and the dual button shifters remaining in their current manual mode. Is this possible?

Also, i've been looking at the software via a laptop and it looks as though you can only chose the Shimano standard front chain ring sizes? The bike I have is running a 54/42 with an 11/28 cassette. Is it possible to choose or specify what I have? If not what would be the best option to chose to closely mirror the chain rings i'm running?

Many Thanks. Hopefully that all makes sense.

Kind Regards

Dan

Comments

• Just to follow up on this....

Having fitted the kit i've answered the questions. If you're running a non Shimano chain ring selection / cassette not available in etube then simply write out a map in excel and you'll then see where you need to change up and down. Go into etube and ignore the numbers shown and pay attention to the cog numbers your excel sheet identifies.

Regarding the shifters, this "just works" as I wanted. Single br end shifters go up and down through the map. Right had buttons go up and down through the map. The left hand button operates the front mech manually.

:)
  • sextoke1
    sextoke1 Posts: 133
    Livelee wrote:
    Just to follow up on this....

Having fitted the kit i've answered the questions. If you're running a non Shimano chain ring selection / cassette not available in etube then simply write out a map in excel and you'll then see where you need to change up and down. Go into etube and ignore the numbers shown and pay attention to the cog numbers your excel sheet identifies.

Regarding the shifters, this "just works" as I wanted. Single br end shifters go up and down through the map. Right had buttons go up and down through the map. The left hand button operates the front mech manually.

:)
    [img][/img][url][/url]
  • sextoke1 wrote:
    [img][/img][url][/url]

:?: :D