Separation Deed via law depot... is it legit?

homers_double
homers_double Posts: 7,976
edited January 2018 in The cake stop
Asking for a friend...

No really I am. She’s in a predicament with her new ex and having signed a prenuptial for part of her house. She’s paid a load of debts off from their relationship and is looking for something for both parties to sign to say he can’t come back for anything else.

Solicitors are asking for £500 but as she’s on her own and has paid loads out is skint...

Has anyone any experience of their services?
Advocate of disc brakes.

Comments

• Which country are they in? If it’s in England or Wales, prenups are not legally binding.
  • England.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Prenuptial agreements are not legally binding but can be persuasive in a judgement. All depends on what the factors are. Think she would need to prove payments for all the debts and prove they were not all of her making in the first place. For all the court knows he paid his share and is being hung out to dry.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Paperwork schmaperwork.

Just send someone round to pay him a visit, if you know what I mean.

Difficult to try and harrass your ex with broken fingers.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Well the issue is ownership of the house. If he is on the deeds held at the land registry then he does indeed own half or whatever proportion is declared. That does not mean she is unable to prevent him getting access to it - but that needs a court order if he lives there.
    So what she is doing is asking him to surrender all claims to the house. The solicitor can charge what she wants but if he does not agree then it is going to be more expensive and involve the court.
    I hope she loses and gets thrown out on the streets. She would have to have taken legal advice before signing the pre-nup.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • FishFish
    Paperwork schmaperwork.

Agreed.

• mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    FishFish wrote:
    Paperwork schmaperwork.

Agreed.

Adding an 'intimidation' element to any proceedings forthcoming.

"....honestly Your Honour, after the first instance I took all threats seriously after the first instance. Of course I signed the docs to hand it all over......"
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • FishFish
    I think you mean forthcoming proceedings.
    No idea what you mean in your quotation. But thanks.

• Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    how do we know "he " is th ebad guy? "she" could be a scheming pice of work egged on by chav firends and family. I imagine the op wants a leg over and sees himself as some kind of crass saviour. Frankly if he resorts to cake stop his advice is dangerous and she should throw him under a slow moving bus.

(please video the outcome)