TT clothing choice

Exumanewbie
Exumanewbie Posts: 48
edited January 2018 in Amateur race
I have a 30 mile TT coming up and its going to be a little windy. All of my jerseys are not that form fitting and they billow when riding at a good pace. I do however have a basically skintight triathalin suit that is really form fitting but has my shoulders/arms exposed. Will the trisuit be more aero?

Comments

• First TT I did I didn’t have skinsuit so I wore a normal pair of bibs and a long sleeved under armour shirt. Surprisingly aero as it’s very close fitting.
  • daddy0
    daddy0 Posts: 686
    I have a 30 mile TT coming up and its going to be a little windy. All of my jerseys are not that form fitting and they billow when riding at a good pace. I do however have a basically skintight triathalin suit that is really form fitting but has my shoulders/arms exposed. Will the trisuit be more aero?

Depends on how hairy your shoulders are?
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Tri suit is going to be more aero than a flappy jersey. I hope you're not in the UK..
  • Daddy0 wrote:

Depends on how hairy your shoulders are?

Minimal hair. Im not a hairy person
  • cougie wrote:
    Tri suit is going to be more aero than a flappy jersey. I hope you're not in the UK..

thanks. In the caribbean. Looking at a 79 degree day.
  • Absolutely.

At time trial speeds there is a very noticeable difference between wearing loose flappy kit and nice tight fitting kit. It's probably one of the cheapest and most effective ways to save a few watts and gain some "free" speed!
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    cougie wrote:

thanks. In the caribbean. Looking at a 79 degree day.
    You might want to check on the organiser's entry conditions (or governing body) regarding dress code. They might demand something with sleeves in.
  • Absolutely.

At time trial speeds there is a very noticeable difference between wearing loose flappy kit and nice tight fitting kit. It's probably one of the cheapest and most effective ways to save a few watts and gain some "free" speed!

I ended up using it with no issues. As it was windy I think my time would have suffered had I worn my usual jersey.