'ning

the rain it raineth every day, meh

i foresee coffee, much coffee
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Morning

Slow start planned but the wife isn’t up yet.............

Just doing a bit of work to keep it ticking along, then party prep

I’m sure the pub will occur at some point as I refinance the landlord after Christmas eves lock-in and free bar
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, raining, sleet and strong winds, what a rotten morning,but it sounds we have missed out on the snow
    I have no idea what to do today, I will probably follow TLW,s plan and go to the Pub
    Have a good day
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Got up early, got dressed to go out on bicycle, looked out of window at the world being blown across the garden, got undressed, went back to bed.

Now having coffee and contemplating the day.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Looking at trees being blown sideways. Driving to Cov later. Not really looking forward to that.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Groundhog Day chez BM.
    What seems like yet another Sunday in a week of Sundays.
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    WHOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO ... S N O W !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Friggen love it. Only spent 45 mins at the gym this morning as I had to end it early so I could go wake the little girl up, force a biscuit down her and drag her outside for 6am snowball fight and sledging down the road ..... probably p155ed the neighbours off, but screw them, its not like they havent woken me up before coming home at 2am in the morning .. KARMA !

Then the extended commute to work to play in the snow .... just before my old Meta died I bought some magic marys for her ... rebuilt the bike using a hard tale meta and never rode her in anger ... until today ... 26" magic marys rock in the snow ! fresh, deep untouched on all the back roads and then hit the downland .. its like permanently climbing a 8% slope but with wheel spin and the odd front slide

hope it hangs around for the commute home !
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    Looking at trees being blown sideways. Driving to Cov later. Not really looking forward to that.

Going to Cov is never enjoyable no matter what the weather.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    windy snowy windy wet windy ride to and from gmc where i had to pick something up i'd left there, windy too, also it was windy, and rather windy
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    It was looking a bit grim and sleety out there so I volunteered Strifey to take Muttley out for his morning walk :)

This afternoon is a trip to the in-laws near Windsor which unfortunately means no booze for me but shouldn't be too bad as unlike most in-laws they're not total wanchors and the food is pretty good.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Morning all. About to launch a massive fry up. Two types of sausages, black and white pudding, bacon, eggs, fried bread, toast and beans. Feck, I forgot the bacon :(
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • hopkinb
    seanoconn wrote:
    Morning all. About to launch a massive fry up. Two types of sausages, black and white pudding, bacon, eggs, fried bread, toast and beans. Feck, I forgot the bacon :(
    Bacon is superfluous given all the other goodies!
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Go wash your mouth out with soap while Seano does a few Hail Mary's. You gotta have bacon!
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn wrote:
    Shops are open so off you trot :)
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb wrote:

Going to Cov is never enjoyable no matter what the weather.
    True. It's my turn to visit. Last 3 times mum has come to us, and she's 72. Seems only fair I go there sometimes.
  • hopkinb
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Go wash your mouth out with soap while Seano does a few Hail Mary's. You gotta have bacon!
    Nah, I'm sticking to my guns. Bacon is the first thing I would drop, after beans, but beans have no place on a breakfast plate anyway, and should be replaced by mushrooms!
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Nah, I'm sticking to my guns. Bacon is the first thing I would drop, after beans, but beans have no place on a breakfast plate anyway, and should be replaced by mushrooms!
    Blasphemy! He said it again...
  • hopkinb
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    :D
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    people have been burned for less!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    You lot can stuff your fried breakfasts.

How blasphemous is that?

Me wondering what to do with toots me as OH is working. Might go to soft play area for my sins.

No snow but very frosty and sunny.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Seano, on my way with bacon.
  • That black pudding would be straight in the bin but otherwise a good heart-attack-on-a-plate brekky there...

Day of nothing much. I recall having a swim at some point. And I'm fairly sure there *was* a coffee involved somewhere, but may be wrong.

I do remember we took the workshop bench round to a mate's place who said he'd take it rather than us offload it at the tip. Seems he neglected to tell his missus that he had yet more stuff arriving to an already over-full garage. Argument ensued, so we just sat back to spectate.

Nice long walk this evening at the coast.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Matthewfalle
    Just going to put the turbo training bike together. Should take 30 mins.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • seanoconn
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Shops are open so off you trot :)
    The tragedy was I was on my way back from the shops when I realised.
  • seanoconn
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Found some Polish smoked bacon (amazingly good) in the fridge, brekkie was saved.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    seanoconn wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Found some Polish smoked bacon (amazingly good) in the fridge, brekkie was saved.
    So that’s why you wouldn’t answer the door. Went home and had bacon sarnies.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Kill him
  • Matthewfalle
    Toast can get stuffed. Toast isn’t fit to grace the lavatories of bacon.

Crispy bacon is the only reason I wake up in the mornings. Well, crispy bacon and Nina.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Kill him
    The stoning is tomorrow.
  • hopkinb
    Don't get me wrong. I like bacon. Good bacon. Thick cut, good layer of fat to crisp up, dry cured, unsmoked. I just prefer a good porky banger, black pudding, 2 poached eggs, a fried slice and a heap of mushrooms.
    5 hours to drive to Cov. With a good tailwind I could have ridden it in the same time I reckon. All the fcukers buying tat at Bicester, plus the M1 being borked by snow or something.
  • Matthewfalle
    How long you stuck in Cov for? Why you there?

Just what is the point of toast anyway?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.