tuesday a large monolith has appeared, it reflects nothing

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,514
edited December 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

ride, need to burn off some calories as there's a lot of food to get through

mrs s got me a kilo of orangettes, nom nom nom, maybe i should go to gym tomorrow as well
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, dry but cooler, a quick rather a shorter ride, followed by a cooked breakfast, Market Rasen races this afternoon, buffet and a few drinks, ah Boxing Day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,858
    Christmas Day part2 at my parents today, exercise will be limited to a quick swim with the kids
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Blowing a hoolie, bucketing down.

Coffee, weights sesh, get on with day.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Clear and cold, but windy. Doggo will need a good run. Going to do justice to a plate of sausages, eggs and toast shortly. Bicycle looks unloved and is caked in grime. Roast pork belly later, with red cabbage.
  • Was calorie deficit yesterday. May rest today.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Morning folks,
    Lying low at the moment, seems like a good plan for the rest of the day. Fettling the MTB in the garage later. New stem and grips were in Santa’s sack so I can fit the wider bars and they might be more comfortable. New saddle for pub hack and then I’ll need a rest. Beer may feature.
  • Day of post Christmas meh. Shifted stuff around. Raked lawns and cleaned driveway for what might be the 1000th time, but at least this one was almost the last. There's a reason our next home has zero trees bigger than a shrub anywhere near it, and those are on the endangered list too. :twisted:

Ate too much again though. Went for a walk round (half) the block, which was enough to have my finger hovering over the speed-dial button for paramedics. Soooooooooo unfit. :|
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,311
    Some greenery to spoil the manicured look, God forbid!

Over zealous ex-cons with OCD aside, today will be going to get a few odds and ends and have Xmas dinner proper.
    Weather is conspiring against me for a pedal but I will persevere with the attempt. Just when you need some calorie offset...

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,406
    Even better lie in than yesterday :) Slow start to the day, unfortunately Strifey is insisting on visiting a cemetery this afternoon - whoopee. May have to go for a run later , before we start on round 2 of the Turkey fest.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,667
    45 mins on turbo and I'm whacked. That 'flu bug has left me really weak. Still got 40km left to do to hit the annual target, could be Thursday is the day to venture outside, would feel a bit anticlimactic to just finish on yet another turbo session.
  • hopkinb
    Quick pint with the dog and family at the hand in hand. Morris men appearing shortly apparently.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,514
    just made a peppered beef and horseradish sandwich, 1:1:1 thickness, that's all the beef eaten
    hopkinb wrote:
    ...Morris men appearing shortly apparently.

call in suppressive fire, followed up by action to neutralize the threat
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    sungod wrote:
    just made a peppered beef and horseradish sandwich, 1:1:1 thickness, that's all the beef eaten
    hopkinb wrote:

Nuke from Orbit, only reasonable action.

Full of festive cold here so little to report, the good lady spanked a fortune on a new camera lens I keep wanting to try but alas it will have to wait.
  • hopkinb
    Step83 wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Nuke from Orbit, only reasonable action.
    :D
    That would wipe out the great and good of Wimbledon. Can't move for the Barbour and bonhomie of townies playing at countryfolk.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Continuing to plough my way through the mountain of food and drink. All the stuff we got just in case so and so comes round has got to be drunk.
    It's a dirty job... :D
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    Eaten more grub, now in the car on they way home. I am going to be riding a Christmas pudding on Wednesday.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • pinno
    Eaten more grub, now in the car on they way home. I am going to be riding a Christmas pudding on Wednesday.

That and Christmas cake is fuel of the gods.

Me demolished a bottle of Rekorderlig cider whilst cooking our delayed xmas dinner. Pi$$ed on nowt considering I haven't drank since February but I have stripped the transmission on my winter bike ahead of expected dry and cold days - Thursday and Friday.

Roast beast here we go. Wahoo.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:

Me demolished a bottle of Rekorderlig cider whilst cooking our delayed xmas dinner. Pi$$ed on nowt considering I haven't drank since February but I have stripped the transmission on my winter bike ahead of expected dry and cold days - Thursday and Friday.

Rekorderlig - that's only 4% ABV. FFS don't sniff the sherry :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    hopkinb wrote:
    Quick pint with the dog and family at the hand in hand. Morris men appearing shortly apparently.
    Balls! Might go to the Swan then.
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Balls! Might go to the Swan then.
    All done now V68. Mini H3 loved the Morris men. I thought they looked inbred as hell. Hand in Hand was packed though.
  • veronese68
    Went to the Swan with my sister, as we were walking out the door her idiot husband turned up so we had to take him with us. I get the distinct impression my sister wants to have a proper talk about stuff, but we can’t when he’s around. Nice pint of amber something from Otters Brewery. Only the one as I was driving. About to make up for that now I’m home. Very wet out there.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Rekorderlig - that's only 4% ABV. FFS don't sniff the sherry :)

Don't worry, the 5ml of Cognac in the Christmas pudding finished me off.
  • ballysmate
    Stevo likes the tramp juice
  • pinno
    Methylated spirits, the preferred drink of gentlemen tramps.
  • Stevo_666
    Ballysmate wrote:
    It's quality tramp juice. Mr. P's alcopop just about qualifies as cider.
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Stick to the junior booze Mr P and leave the rest of it for us losers (if you haven't had a drink since Feb, why bother now, and ByGod are you the most sober person on here!).
    Less phlegm today but might die anyway. Going away tomorrow to rellies where I expect to be plied with turkey sarnies and whisky. Selling bikes in New Year and may be seeking assistance, or cash.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • ballysmate
    BBG, if you do shuffle off this mortal coil during the night, can I have your bike?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Stick to the junior booze Mr P and leave the rest of it for us losers (if you haven't had a drink since Feb, why bother now, and ByGod are you the most sober person on here!).
    Less phlegm today but might die anyway. Going away tomorrow to rellies where I expect to be plied with turkey sarnies and whisky. Selling bikes in New Year and may be seeking assistance, or cash.
    Being teetotal doesn't make you live longer, it just makes it feel that way.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

(Says the bloke with the George Best signature)
    I wish it were for those reasons. Pain killers and alcofrol don't mix.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

(Says the bloke with the George Best signature)
    I wish it were for those reasons. Pain killers and alcofrol don't mix.
    Use alcohol as a pain killer. Win win :) And it may benefit us lot as well :wink: