Wakey wakey hands off snakey friday

shirley_basso
shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
edited December 2017 in The bottom bracket
Car full of presents.

Kitchen full of bikes.

Hope you all get di2 for Christmas.

Happy festivities and family fueds for all nations, religions and genders.

Catch you on the flip side. Peace out

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, just about to take Tigger out for his morning walk, mild and fine at the moment
    Have a good day, especially those breaking up for Christmas
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Christmas feelings starting after a party last night with the young farmers singing carols

Last day at work and unfortunately a couple of hours commute

Later is the pub as my mate has got his payout from work and I've finished for the holidays
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,438
    'ning

yawn, still grumpy, have punter of gmc punter of gmc to present to a bit later, has spoiled plans for a gentle relax into crimbo weekend

cafe soon, then fire up cloudy cloudy and hope it all works

tfif
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    On the train for the last time this year thankfully. Good luck anyone driving today.

Got an MRI scan on the dodgy shoulder this afternoon and by time that's over there should be no more work to do until 2018. Minion cover next week has been arranged so I'll be back on the 3rd of Jan 8)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Take Mini H3 to work. Dick about. Take her for a burger lunch. Bowling with friends and kids. Haircut. Then iiiitttt's Chhrrriiiiissstmuusssss!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Rather warm out there again. Managed to wobble in on the pub hack this morning as going to the pub for a swift one later. Can't have more as I have to do an airport run to collect my sister and her family tonight. I would tell her to get a train but the old man was stressing about it and seeing as he's having his chemo today I really should keep his worries to a minimum where possible.
    I was a little disappointed to see someone has stolen the bottom quality plastic aeroplane from the handlebars of the hack, seems a strange thing to steal. It did make for a much quieter ride in without the propeller rattling round for all it's worth. Could hear the tyre rumbling and a bit of drivetrain noise that I hadn't previously noticed. Will have to have a fettle at some point.
    Hoping to get kicked out around lunchtime then enjoy life until the 2nd.
  • Giving blood this morning, should be avoiding alcohol for 24hrs... Whatever.

Spent all last night wrapping stuff, the upside being that I might get a ride in over the weekend.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Happy Festivus
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,321
    One and a half hours to go and it's officially Christmas! Off for a curry this afternoon, not very Christmassy but let the pig out begin!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Last day at work. Finally. Did a handover to my replacement. Wished him good luck, and ran for the door...

A sizeable aperitif kicked off the official start of unemployed-ness. Shiraz # 3 is settling in nicely. Given we are planning to the the Christmas shopping tomorrow, I may have another wine to prepare.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    First weights session of the day done, just been for a damp walk with Das hund, TDV out with her parents and bambino, Bambina chillin', coffee about to go on.

Winner winner chicken dinner so far.

May contemplate finishing off the TT bike. Then again .........
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Body still at work, but I think my mind is already wound down for Christmas. I don't know what's gone wrong, but we seem to be better prepared this year than ever before; I'm actually quite excited about it! And the weather for the next 10 days looks to be mild, so I'm setting myself the completely unrealistic target of a bike ride every day. We'll see how that goes...

All the best for the festive season, see you all again in the new year, almost certainly in the weight loss post!
  • Stevo_666
    Can you get hold of some decent quality non-Italian components in time?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    ...di2...

[Spits on floor]
    Veronese68 wrote:
    ... It did make for a much quieter ride in without the propeller rattling round for all it's worth. Could hear the tyre rumbling and a bit of drivetrain noise that I hadn't previously noticed. Will have to have a fettle at some point.

So he's done you a favour then and probably saved being squished under a car when it all seizes up and your feeble frame can't unclip nor turn over the pedals to remain upright. What a good Samaritan.

I'm going for a wobble in the fog. Then it's mad run around. Wish me luck.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    So he's done you a favour then and probably saved being squished under a car when it all seizes up and your feeble frame can't unclip nor turn over the pedals to remain upright. What a good Samaritan.
    No, still a thieving scrote. Pub hack so flat pedals obviously so unclipping is not an issue.
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I’ll have a look at what I’ve got kicking round otherwise I’ll just have to suffer Italianness.

As an aside, claret all over kitchen. Mother in law took end of finger off. I had to pretend to be concerned.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I’ll have a look at what I’ve got kicking round otherwise I’ll just have to suffer Italianness.

As an aside, claret all over kitchen. Mother in law took end of finger off. I had to pretend to be concerned.

Did you super glue it back on or did you seal it with hot tar?
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    No, still a thieving scrote. Pub hack so flat pedals obviously so unclipping is not an issue.

I'd be careful of those things, they can do your shins in when you forget that you are not clipped in.
  • pinno
    Foggy wobble was good. You don't half get damp in mild foggy conditions - sweat on the inside and a slow soaking on the outside.
  • tlw1
    Still in an office too far from home
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:

In Wales with P?
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

In Wales with P?

Bromsgrove with a B, which means driving though not only Kidderminster but ferkin Bridgnorth too
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Glue and a big pint of MTFU

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I'm surprised the blood was red given it was a MIL. Usually bright green and acidic.
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I'm surprised the blood was red given it was a MIL. Usually bright green and acidic.

Bizarrely she never has a pulse either ....

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pub hack so flat pedals obviously so unclipping is not an issue.
    I'd be careful of those things, they can do your shins in when you forget that you are not clipped in.
    MTB pedals with spikes so pedal/shin interface definitely best avoided. Very grippy though and much easier to jump on and go in civvies.
    Just stopped in Kingston to pick something I’d ordered for collection. Bloody hell, it’s manic in there. Got out fast and now chilling at home. Sorry TLW.
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

In Wales with P?

Bromsgrove with a B, which means driving though not only Kidderminster but ferkin Bridgnorth too

I know that route. At this time of year, you should be home by 8.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Evening, awake full of festive cold so great fun, quiet day finished the commuter/winter bike bar the tape an correct wheels but still waiting on a new bearing.

Anyway tomorrow is start amassing foods to get a cooking Sunday many pigs in blankets to be made!
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Bizarrely she never has a pulse either ....

I’ve just been watching her.

She never blinks or breathes but still walks around, talks, cuts the end of her finger, drinks my wine, eats my food, etc etc.

Anyone have any idea of what’s going on here? It’s beyond me.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Evening,

Bike ride
    Nandos
    Jumanji (watching the film, not playing)
    Veronese68 wrote:
    MTB pedals with spikes so pedal/shin interface definitely best avoided. Very grippy though and much easier to jump on and go in civvies.
    I've never managed to slice myself on solid ones with the pegs in the top/bottom. It's the cheap ones with the shin eating metal cages around them that you need to watch out for.