Shower thought / Random Question

jimberland
jimberland Posts: 3
edited December 2017 in The cake stop
Is there a reason why cycling brands favour the left leg for their brand logo, rather than the right leg? Given the right leg is the drive side and could be argued more photogenic / aesthetically pleasing. Hoping someone might know the answer. Cheers!

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,715
    Most Countries drive on the other side of the road for starters.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Yep if you drive on the right then people can see your left leg more.
  • Yeah I thought it might be something as simple as this but it doesn't explain why the UK and Australia brands, Rapha, Maap, Attaquer follow suit. Other than tradition. Totally over thinking it I know. Cheers for the replies.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,715
    jimberland wrote:
    Yeah I thought it might be something as simple as this but it doesn't explain why the UK and Australia brands, Rapha, Maap, Attaquer follow suit. Other than tradition. Totally over thinking it I know. Cheers for the replies.
    Worldwide markets are bigger than the UK/Australia etc markets.
    Retooling isn't cost effective. Rapha just sold for £200m so they did something right. :wink:
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • sam_anon
    sam_anon Posts: 153
    BMW re-engineered their motorcycle Boxer gearboxes and swingarms so the swingarm was on the right side, as this is most photographed when the bike is on the left-mounted side-stand, dontcha know...