32 tooted sprocket....a wee bit of help

rouleur23
rouleur23 Posts: 175
edited December 2017 in Road general
Hi, I would like to know if my short cage will deal with a 32t rear sprocket please? Thanks.

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    very, very unlikely..
  • Hmmm no, just unlikely but possible.
  • I have run an 11-32 50-34 (all 105 5800 series) set in the Alps with an short cage rear dérailleur without issues - for 2 annual visits now

I needed to adjust the B Screw and even with that it just caressed the 32t Cassette - slight ticking noise only. I did not run the big-big (50-32) gear though

When in the UK I remove it and run a 11-28 (as the hills are not as long)
  • Yes works well. Did this 500 miles ago and no issued. Just don't go big to big. Adjust b screw only
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    go 1x and it can work fine.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • go 1x and it can work fine.
    Hi, what is 1x please? Thanks for the reply
  • I have run an 11-32 50-34 (all 105 5800 series) set in the Alps with an short cage rear dérailleur without issues - for 2 annual visits now

I needed to adjust the B Screw and even with that it just caressed the 32t Cassette - slight ticking noise only. I did not run the big-big (50-32) gear though

When in the UK I remove it and run a 11-28 (as the hills are not as long)

Great news. I will give it a try then. Thanks
  • Fingerling wrote:
    Yes works well. Did this 500 miles ago and no issued. Just don't go big to big. Adjust b screw only

Thank you
  • rouleur23 wrote:
    go 1x and it can work fine.
    Hi, what is 1x please? Thanks for the reply

Replace your existing two/three chainrings with one "narrow/wide" chainring eg. for a year I replaced the 24/38T chainrings on my Wazoo with a 34T OnOne Ringmaster, in combination with an 8-speed 11-30... Until I discovered Dell Road in SO18 that hits ~20+% and made my knees sore! :lol:
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo