'ning

blah, feeling grumpy, another night another liver, at least gmc paid

wfh i think, and cafes

really should go to the gym, but etc.
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, has spring come early mild outside this morning, hopefully have a decent ride today, rather than wondering if black ice is present on the roads
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    No Christmas feelings here yet, will be worse later when the eldest finishes school and it's only me still working :(

Tonight is my old chaps company Christmas party - shame I'm driving :(
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Sounds like you've had too much Crimbo spirit sungod and it's making you dyspeptic and liverish.

Grim misty murk, but at least no ice. A brief encounter with my favourite lady roadie cheered me up a bit this morning. She shot past me at a set of lights, but in my keenness to demonstrate the smoothness of my pedal stroke, I dropped the sh!t out of her, which was a shame. Off to go and check flybys on Strava.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    oxoman wrote:
    Careful Mr H you'll be accused of stalking on strava next :lol: . I'm assuming nice view though. :roll:
    I was just checking it was the same woman - as she was on a different bike to usual. It was her. She's quick and likes to have a bit of a race. V rare for a woman on my commute. :D
  • Third last day. I can smell the freedom.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • I'm not feeling festive but still looking forward to ten days off work.

I say off work but there will no doubt be a rake of jobs lined up for me at home!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Odd, very few people I know are feeling the Christmas spirit this year (can't say I ever do mind). Find yourself some carols by Kings College or similar. May help.

Still working, more just to clear the desk. I say work, still having long lunches in a local cafe where some of the waitresses are easy on the eye and the coffee is good.

Nothing wrong with a strava stalk.

GL Oxo
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao

Unfortunately no Chrimbles spirit here either so I can't help there. Currently on bambini care so nothing major to report apart from I intend to splash out and buy some brake outer later. Hoo Yah.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Flâneur
    Enve 3.4 or Campag Bora Ultra 35 (maybe 50)?

Christmas shopping ain't I
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,157
    The festive spirit was in full flow over here last night at the works Christmas do. I managed to exercise admirable restraint on the booze and bail out time, so no hangover this morning and managed to have a good chat with the unconventionally good looking girl in legal :)

The office was a bit empty this morning and those that did show up were generally in need of Stevo's festive bacon sarnie run. Luckily not too much to do today.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Christmas also 'cancelled' chez nous. The dread baxxard 'flu hit us both, I'm in recovery in day 10, still weak as a small furry thing, while OH is 4 days behind. So all invites cancelled, family members various told to find their own plan Bs, we will hunker down and see it through. Hard lesson learned, do not forget to have the 'flu jab.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Afternoon folks,
    Day off here so I've been running around doing all sorts of stuff. Took the girl to school and attempted a bit of Christmas shopping. Failed abysmally so went ot Maplin to buy new fan for CPU as keep getting error messages. Couldn't even manage that as the right size fan had the wrong connections. Went for beer and a bit of scoff in the Christmas market. Decent drop of weizen was quite pleasant. Very warm out, too bloody hot in the shops. Saw Spiderman out shopping with his mum, resisted making any comment.
  • Flâneur
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Afternoon folks,
    Day off here so I've been running around doing all sorts of stuff. Took the girl to school and attempted a bit of Christmas shopping. Failed abysmally so went ot Maplin to buy new fan for CPU as keep getting error messages. Couldn't even manage that as the right size fan had the wrong connections. Went for beer and a bit of scoff in the Christmas market. Decent drop of weizen was quite pleasant. Very warm out, too bloody hot in the shops. Saw Spiderman out shopping with his mum, resisted making any comment.

went to a shop? ebuyer.com scan.com etc etc
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Flâneur wrote:
    went to a shop? ebuyer.com scan.com etc etc
    That requires forward planning. Still not feeling Christmas, need the pressure of Christmas eve panic buying to aid motivation. That and more beer.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Veronese68 wrote:
    ...ot Maplin to buy new fan for CPU as keep getting error messages...

https://www.novatech.co.uk

Excellent customer support.
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    ...and managed to have a good chat with the unconventionally good looking girl in legal :)

That is because she is actually a man.

Me went for lunch me and then meeting with headmaster to discuss Tricke being... tricky.

No frikkin Christmas spirit here.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    ...and managed to have a good chat with the unconventionally good looking girl in legal :)

I hope not...but she was very appreciative of her bacon sarnie this morning. A good bit of pork works wonders :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Met TDV for a coffee. She mentioned that the boots she wanted for Chrimbles were in the sale. I laughed inside and said "well wait until they are in the January sales and they may be even cheaper".

She then showed me a picture of the boots. They are not the ones I have already bought her.

The laughter inside me ceased.

I then made my excuses and went and bought the boots she showed me the picture of.

I now have two pairs of ridiculously expensive boots hidden in the garage meaning that I have to waste another hour of my life taking one pair back to Edwyn for a refund.

On a brighter note, Bambino and I went to the picture house today to see a modern animated film about a bull. It was a nice way to spend a couple of hours chillin'

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I hope not...but she was very appreciative of her bacon sarnie this morning. A good bit of pork works wonders :P

POIDH

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

POIDH
    She wasn't the only one who got some pork this morning :)
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Evening, quite day as not in work did some more faffing with the part rebuilt bike bought the last few Christmas gifts an had a little peddle out to a village.

Turns out dog had taken a nibble out the lights now fixed she doesnt like cables anymore so guess thats a plus! Onward to brandy etc
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

POIDH
    If you really want that Christmas bonus you know what to do.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

POIDH
    If you really want that Christmas bonus you know what to do.
    I would never use tactics like that :twisted: