tuesday identity is the crisis can't you see

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,438
edited December 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

office, coffee, do stuff in lab and cloudy cloudy, pesky gmc punters have no consideration, should be having parties not expecting proposals

maybe a mince pie to kep energy up
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Christmas does indeed feel far away at the moment - which is frankly pants
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, how much food will the fridge freezer hold, and she has left another shopping list, thank god for the fridge in the garage , mind it is part full of drinks, which is nice
  • sungod
    Morning, how much food will the fridge freezer hold, and she has left another shopping list, thank god for the fridge in the garage , mind it is part full of drinks, which is nice

in an ideal world. there'd be a beer fridge, a wine fridge, a bubbly fridge, a biccie fridge, and somewhere for food
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Feel like an old man after the gym last night. Christ I feel sorry for most of you lot.

Agreed with SG about the number of fridges, especially as they all need different temps.

May head off to work soon. Hound walked. Espresso had. Dishwasher remains full.

PS how expensive are fucking curtains. and not the curtains MF and Seano peak through with every passing yummy mummy
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • sungod
    watched dawn from gmc towers, yesterday's was more vivid

on the plus side looks like i've escaped the annual trek across the ocean for the ritual powerpointing, like waterboarding but the ptsd is more ferocious, 'motivational' (aka trite platitudinous ego trippery) sessions, accompanied by unhealthy food and bad coffee, tempted to sneak off to dubai for a bit of sun instead
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    My Mrs announced that the big food shop would be arriving at 5.30 on Thursday and she'd be out. That might actually be a good thing as she's rubbish at the spatial awareness thing when loading stuff like fridges and dishwashers.
    Decidedly chilly out there this morning. It was -1 when I left the house so probably -3 or -4 in the middle of the park. Thankfully I was on the old MTB so wide tyres and flat pedals, unfortunately the rear brake froze and I stupidly pulled it harder so it was then frozen on.
    Computer system isn't playing so I can see my emails but can't access the system to do anything with them.
    Only on a half day today and the Mrs is coming here to leave me the car, taking the old man to the hospital for a check up later before the next lot of chemo on Friday. Day off tomorrow at least, should probably try to buy some Christmas presents for the trouble. Going to the pub later with a few neighbours.
  • phil485
    phil485 Posts: 364
    Ice- drive to work, zwift later.

Soon be christmas
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    sungod wrote:

in an ideal world. there'd be a beer fridge, a wine fridge, a bubbly fridge, a biccie fridge, and somewhere for food

Looks like we need 3 more fridges :D
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,321
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks,
    My Mrs announced that the big food shop would be arriving at 5.30 on Thursday and she'd be out. That might actually be a good thing as she's rubbish at the spatial awareness thing when loading stuff like fridges and dishwashers.
    Decidedly chilly out there this morning. It was -1 when I left the house so probably -3 or -4 in the middle of the park. Thankfully I was on the old MTB so wide tyres and flat pedals, unfortunately the rear brake froze and I stupidly pulled it harder so it was then frozen on.
    Computer system isn't playing so I can see my emails but can't access the system to do anything with them.
    Only on a half day today and the Mrs is coming here to leave me the car, taking the old man to the hospital for a check up later before the next lot of chemo on Friday. Day off tomorrow at least, should probably try to buy some Christmas presents for the trouble. Going to the pub later with a few neighbours.
    Haven't had a big food shop delivery before but have my first arriving tonight. Is there a protocol to follow? Should I check everything as they give it to me? Will they have a check list? Should I have a check list? Will they delivery person stack everything neatly in the fridge and freezer for me?? :?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    seanoconn wrote:
    Haven't had a big food shop delivery before but have my first arriving tonight. Is there a protocol to follow? Should I check everything as they give it to me? Will they have a check list? Should I have a check list? Will they delivery person stack everything neatly in the fridge and freezer for me?? :?

Is it Ocado? If so, don't worry about everything being there, it will be. They also refund you very smartly if you discover broken eggs or anything else. They let you know before they arrive if they have substituted anything, and you can give that straight back if you don't want it. I have never asked a delivery person to stack anything. I imagine they would come back and do a shyte on your doorstep.

I have no experience of other delivery services, but I imagine they are awful. :D
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    seanoconn wrote:
    The controller normally has a good idea of what she's ordered and will spot anything that's completely wrong. They sometimes do substitutions where they don't have what you ordered so put something else in. These should be highlighted so you can reject them. If anything is damaged reject it. They always stack everything in the fridge and freezer neatly for us.
  • Tis the season to be jolly... Who the flipping hell wrote that crock of shite?

Tis the season to run around like an idiot more like.

HD Limited is slowly winding down for the break however it needs winding back up again as there are jobs to do in January when we get back. Must find my whip.

We don't need three fridges up north, we just use the coal shed at this time of year for additional beer storage.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, spend our £100 M&S voucher on wine last night, it'll make me look generous when I turn up home for Christmas. Then I spend hours and hours making a venison stew to take down with me, made the mistake of feeding some to the hound and he followed me round closer than usual all evening.

Can't believe it's only Tuesday, half working, half watching ski films on my other screen. The OH went in for some blood tests today because she's been getting dizzy and angry the moment she gets hungry, I told her that's what she's always like but I don't think it was worth the loss of brownie points as she didn't see the funny side...
  • 36 deg today. Rode motorbike to work, which helps big time with traffic shredding, but results in BBQ'd feet by the time I arrive...

Day spent in a workshop/meeting. Two and a bit to go and I'm into witness protection so they never find me again.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,321
    36 deg today. Rode motorbike to work, which helps big time with traffic shredding, but results in BBQ'd feet by the time I arrive...

Day spent in a workshop/meeting. Two and a bit to go and I'm into witness protection so they never find me again.
    Witness protection!!??

https://youtu.be/Q7K5LSsJN90
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn wrote:
    36 deg today. Rode motorbike to work, which helps big time with traffic shredding, but results in BBQ'd feet by the time I arrive...

Witness protection!!??

https://youtu.be/Q7K5LSsJN90
    So, I take it you've met my Project Manager?

Seriously, I have never been more, er, keen to leave a client site than this one.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Somebody left some massive Polish liqueur chocs out in the office this morning so productivity strangely seems to have dropped sharply and is unlikely to recover as its the office Christmas party this evening. As I need to set a good example I think I'll only get mildly p1ssed and watch the ensuing carnage/see how some of the young ladies in the office behave when they're drunk :twisted:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Steveo, sent some this way please client seems to be on one today logging faults.

Last day in the office till after Christmas for me so not actually doing much, well less than I would usually anyway. picked up a couple of bottle cages for the new bike now left with the ever controversial what bar tape issue, saddle is black so theres a clue I guess.

Anyway later home then work out why the tree lights don't work, im blaming the dog who looked rather sheepish this morning so no doubt shes taken a curious nibble.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    sungod wrote:
    watched dawn from gmc towers, yesterday's was more vivid

on the plus side looks like i've escaped the annual trek across the ocean for the ritual powerpointing, like waterboarding but the ptsd is more ferocious, 'motivational' (aka trite platitudinous ego trippery) sessions, accompanied by unhealthy food and bad coffee, tempted to sneak off to dubai for a bit of sun instead

Have you any pics of Dawn? Specifically norkage.
    Not for me you understand... but MF is partial to norkage.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Evening

Intended to go out on the bike this morning but didn't manage it. Spent all day trying to get some Christmas lights working.

Gym in a bit - for the first time in years. It won't last - I'm only going because I'm off work and can get there before the place shuts.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    HaydenM wrote:
    The OH went in for some blood tests today because she's been getting dizzy and angry the moment she gets hungry, I told her that's what she's always like but I don't think it was worth the loss of brownie points as she didn't see the funny side...

Under active thyroid?
    Pregnancy; lack of iron?
    She's blonde?
    ...Gym in a bit - for the first time in years. It won't last - I'm only going because I'm off work and can get there before the place shuts.

That'll hurt in the morning.

@Flan - oi, it;s not that bad. Some of us are nearing the age where you can't trust a fart.

Me went to get the old new banger back from undersealer bloke me. Left at silly o'clock and then got on with some real work.
    Cost £121 to get rid of some white asbestos roof sheets. 'Kin ell.

Tomorrow a jolly in the old new banger and a spot of lunch with Mrs P. How civilized. It's the only way I will have a day off and avoid work she says.

Laters
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • On the way to work before 7am it was already 30 deg C. Yay.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Pinno wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    The OH went in for some blood tests today because she's been getting dizzy and angry the moment she gets hungry, I told her that's what she's always like but I don't think it was worth the loss of brownie points as she didn't see the funny side...

Under active thyroid?
    Pregnancy; lack of iron?
    She's blonde?

Sorry, just seen this. I think you are correct with the first one, the second is highly unlikely as she's on the pill and the third is ruled out unless she's been in the sun for a long time. Find out today anyway, fingers crossed there isn't an even smaller me running about in 9 months, that'll really impact on my new bike budget... :shock:
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Pinno wrote:
    ...Gym in a bit - for the first time in years. It won't last - I'm only going because I'm off work and can get there before the place shuts.
    That'll hurt in the morning.
    Funnily enough I was full of energy yesterday morning and managed a nice* 40 mile ride on the bike.

*apart from the close passes from buses and pensioners, and the mud on the roads which meant hosing down the bike when I got home, then hosing down the garden path :roll: