Replacement iPhone screen

trivial_poursuivant
trivial_poursuivant Posts: 1,136
edited December 2017 in The cake stop
Dropped my phone the other day and cracked it. Screen protector untouched!!! Ffs

Anyone know the best place to get a ‘genuine’ Apple replacement screen digitiser? Not the cheap low quality ones. Needs to be the same retina display resolution or it’s not worth bothering. If anyone has first hand experience let me know. Cheers

Phone is a 6s 4.7”

Comments

• mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    For genuine I'd just go to an apple store and have them do it
  • mfin wrote:
    For genuine I'd just go to an apple store and have them do it

£135 for that. I still owe £185. It’s not cost effective. In a few months time I could have an upgrade. I can do it myself. It’s a simple task just need the screen.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    I’d still go and get it done at the Apple store then when you upgrade, flog the 6s
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Cheers but I’m more after just buying as screen and doing it myself
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    Cheers but I’m more after just buying as screen and doing it myself

you run the risk of a genuine issue down the line or one related to the part you fit, usually dirt getting into the phone and the moment they see a non apple part, they wont honour the warranty or even fix it, leaving you with the problem of getting it repaired and even more cost.

This is exactly what happened to my daughters ipod back in the day, i was left with junk.
  • mamba80 wrote:
    Cheers but I’m more after just buying as screen and doing it myself

you run the risk of a genuine issue down the line or one related to the part you fit, usually dirt getting into the phone and the moment they see a non apple part, they wont honour the warranty or even fix it, leaving you with the problem of getting it repaired and even more cost.

This is exactly what happened to my daughters ipod back in the day, i was left with junk.

I did say ‘genuine’ screen. Not interested in cheap copies. I was looking for the Retina display genuine part . I’ve done umpteen iPhone screens down the years from the old 3G version.

It’s just getting hold of the part. I could buy a 25 quid one on eBay but that’s not what I’m after.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    I’ve done a couple of batteries but not a screen. The batteries looked genuine but can’t remember who we got them from. The other problem of course is even if they claim it’s genuine you can’t be sure.
  • Yep. Seem to be plenty of sites offering what they say are genuine quality - which isn’t the same thing. Looking on eBay for the cost of a repair I could buy a used one almost. Plenty for spares and repairs with screens that look ok but it’s a gamble if its water damaged.