Experiences with concealed motors and cycle racing

cycleclinic
cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
edited February 2018 in Amateur race
riding with a motor wont make you fitter it just makes you faster. you cant ride with a motor in a race so why train with one.
http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.

Comments

• Come on tcc [first name redacted] you know full well your time is better spent than reply to this nonsense.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Why would anyone spend a large amount on a motor to train with. It'll be like mo Fara training with rollerskates.
  • maryka
    maryka Posts: 748
    No place in racing or training for racing imo with the very small exception possibly of motor-pacing when you don't have a anyone to pace... but if you're a the point of needing motor-pacing in your training, you should have a willing volunteer available to you to use.

I could see a place for them (and in fact have seen them already) for older/leisure riders who just want to get round some hilly roads or trails without needing huge fitness -- in other words, just go ride a bike without coming home shattered. Talk to me in 20 years and maybe I'll be one of those!
  • figbat
    figbat Posts: 680
    I prefer to take spam fried in a light batter, perhaps with a little pickle.
    Cube Reaction GTC Pro 29 for the lumpy stuff
    Cannondale Synapse alloy with 'guards for the winter roads
    Fuji Altamira 2.7 for the summer roads
    Trek 830 Mountain Track frame turned into a gravel bike - for anywhere & everywhere
  • No interest, just happen to link to an ebike site in your posts... Yeah, right.

Go away.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Spammer. Not to mention what must be one of the most idiotic questions ever posed on these forums.
  • Imposter wrote:
    Spammer. Not to mention what must be one of the most idiotic questions ever posed on these forums.

And that takes some doing! :lol::lol:
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    :D ..
  • ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    riding with a motor wont make you fitter it just makes you faster. you cant ride with a motor in a race so why train with one.
    Who do you know who trains with one?
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura