Opinions on a Scott Yecora?

prhymeate
prhymeate Posts: 795
edited December 2017 in MTB buying advice
I used to have one about 10-12 years ago until it was stolen from outside a friends house. I have fond memories of riding it around and at the time it seemed like a great bike. I only have road bikes now but a secondhand one popped up locally for £100 and I'm tempted. Does that seem like a reasonable price and is it good enough to ride a few tame trails without breaking? Also, I'm 6'4" and the bike is 20", would that fit ok or is that a bit on the small side? Would appreciate any advice as my mtb knowledge is pretty much non-existent.

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    The Yecora name was around for ages and covers a massive variety of bikes, so it's pretty much impossible to comment on whichever Yecora you may be looking at.

Size wise, you probably want an extra large ideally, it depends on your proportions, as I'm long in the body for my height I have to go up a frame size to get the right length, if you are longer in the leg the frame may be long enough.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Sorry, I wasn't aware of that. It's the lifelite performance series and looks like the photo below. Unfortunately I can't remember the size that I used to have. edit: just dug through some old emails and it looks like mine was an XL so it's probably on the small side.

https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NzY4WDEwMjQ= ... -/$_86.JPG
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Not really a modern mountain bike, it's OK for fire roads and gravel tracks though. Not worth that much anymore so should be a bargain.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Cheers. I'm only planning a few 20mile rides around local gravel tracks, so don't need anything special. Looks like it might do the job.