It's the most wonderful time of the year...

jlloyd
jlloyd Posts: 131
edited December 2017 in Road general
Where work colleagues bring in their children’s Christmas bikes for me to put together because ‘You love fiddling with bikes’. And I’m far too polite to say no.

So for today’s lunch break I will be mostly putting together a couple of Argos bikes.

Comments

• If you really can't say no, point to a sign on desk or badge on clothes that says something to the effect of, "I charge the price of a new rear derailleur for my nice road bike {or something similar} for each bike I'm asked to fiddle with.*"

* With some sort of no-comeback clause if something ever goes wrong during or after each fiddle. :wink:
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    edited December 2017
    screw that I would rather put bikes together than do this weeks work ...... I would charge them mincepies though !!!

Sounds fun .... you can only hope that someone has bought their wife a nice Bianchi frameset with Campy
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    I've seen certain high street shops sell bikes with the forks on backwards so atleast you are doing a good deed...

Beer is payment
  • fat daddy wrote:
    Sounds fun .... you can only hope that someone has bought their wife a nice Bianchi frameset with Campy
    Then they not know enough about bikes to notice you've taken the campy groupset and replaced it with a Samsung one. Given you ideas? :D
  • jlloyd
    jlloyd Posts: 131
    Well after faffing with removing all the cable tied cardboard that envelped the bike without scratching the frame - it looked like a simple job.

Stick the seat in, drop the handlebar/stem into place/stick the pedals in, pop the front wheel in, bit of spanner and hex work. Check brakes - job done, and my status as cheif office bike mechanic remains intact.

Unfortunately, it looks like the front fork has been crushed in transit and the wheel axle will not fit into the fork.

Back to argos it goes. The second fork looks ok, but that will have to wait till tomorrow. Oh Joy!

*was offerd a bottle of wine for the job, but like the complete idiot I am, i was like 'Nah, don't be silly'.