Help With Vintage Frameset Identification

ekubilus
ekubilus Posts: 3
edited December 2017 in Vintage bikes forum
Hello everyone,

I have been trying to identify the make and model of a lugged road frameset I bought a while back but haven't had any luck to date. I thought I'd try out this forum to see if anyone might be able to provide any assistance.

The frameset is currently all chrome and has been stripped of all identifying marks/decals. The frame has the following characteristics:

(1) an Italian 70mm bottom bracket;
(2) three angled, Adidas symbol-like bottom bracket cutouts;
(3) heart shaped lug cutouts where the head tube meets the top and down tubes;
(4) a frame pump attachment on the back of the head tube;
(5) brake cable routing through the top tube;
(6) a sloped triangular brake bridge;
(7) a serial number which appears to be "00340" stamped on the bottom bracket shell;
(8) "5" stamped on the bottom of the lug attaching the down tube to the bottom bracket shell;
(9) "P-10" stamped on the bottom of the lug attaching the top tube to the seat tube;
(10) "F1" stamped on the bottom of the lug attaching the down tube to the head tube, preceded by what looks like a logo with a T on top of an M; and
(11) "G3" stamped on the bottom of the lug attaching the top tube to the head tube, again preceded by what looks like a logo with a T on top of an M.

The fork has no markings at all but has triangular lug cutouts.

Not sure this helps at all, but when I bought the bike it was fitted with a black 3TTT record quill stem and 3TTT competizione drop bars.

Pictures of the various parts of the bike are posted at this link: https://www.flickr.com/gp/151122985@N08/1NgTw3

Thanks in advance for any help!

Comments

• wotnoshoeseh
    wotnoshoeseh Posts: 531
    Try over on retro bike forum on the road section.
  • ekubilus
    ekubilus Posts: 3
    Thanks very much. Will try posting there.
  • Did you find an answer to this question?
    Could you link to whatever discussion you may be having elsewhere.
    I'm lookin at a fondriest with the same Adidas cut outs. The seller claims it is Columbus and I don't doubt him, the question of have is whether it is SLX :D or Gava :(
    I have pictures too but not sure how to attach them.
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    i thought SLX had internal rifling in all the main tubes and the seat post is a certain size too, look down the seat tube or fork tube, my mates Ciocc did, he smashed it hitting a car, up so we could look!!! :(
    https://www.steel-vintage.com/blog/2014 ... eel-tubes/