Question about British Cyclings Categories/Promotions

Mapaputsi
Mapaputsi Posts: 104
edited January 2018 in Amateur race
I have a question about BC’s category rankings.

I started racing last summer as a 4th Cat and got 11 points total in a couple of crit races.

I know that 12 points is the threshold to move up to 3rd Cat.

I have read somewhere that your points reset back to 0 after November 1st each year. However, when I log on to my dashboard on the BC page it still says that I have 11 points.

Do 4th Cat riders points carry over to the next year? Or are BC just slow to update?

Cheers

Comments

• Mapaputsi wrote:

I started racing last summer as a 4th Cat and got 11 points total in a couple of crit races.

I have read somewhere that your points reset back to 0 after November 1st each year. However, when I log on to my dashboard on the BC page it still says that I have 11 points.

Do 4th Cat riders points carry over to the next year? Or are BC just slow to update?

Cheers

Sadly not, you will start from 0 again. Good luck next season.
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    start from zero. I know 3 people that were stuck on 11 points, its very frustrating!
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Mapaputsi wrote:

Cheers

Points reset on Dec 1st (or rather they are supposed to). On the upside, it means you can start putting 2018 points on the board now if there are any winter series close by.
  • What a pain :?
    Cheers lads
  • daddy0
    daddy0 Posts: 686
    edited December 2017
    If you got 11 points in a couple of races then you're probably quite strong. My advice would be - next season don't get enough points to go up unless you get a win. Stop on the line if you have to. I've been a 2nd Cat for a few years now, and still never actually won a race which is starting to get frustrating. Just call me Pou-Pou :-p
  • Mapaputsi
    Mapaputsi Posts: 104
    Daddy0 wrote:
    If you got 11 points in a couple of races then you're probably quite strong. My advice would be - next season don't get enough points to go up unless you get a win. Stop on the line if you have to. I've been a 2nd Cat for a few years now, and still never actually won a race which is starting to get frustrating. Just call me Pou-Pou :-p

Hoping to get up to 3rd Cat in the Spring time this year in a few circuit races but yes I think a step up to 2nd Cat would be a bit too far!