sunday gritting belgrave square

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,435
edited December 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

may or may not go for a ride, looking extremely soggy out there, and cold, also soggy, apparently the current hammering rain will be replaced by heavy snow in an hour or so

perhaps gym instead, though it's late opening at the weekend

no mince pies today
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, cold frosty biting wind, snow predicted to fall very heavily, so it might be the rollers for an hour, something to look forward to a pub lunch with a few drinks.
    Have a good day , be careful if you go out cycling
  • sungod
    snow settling here, after all that rain it must be icy underneath, i give up, sigh

by now mf will be under five metres of snow

think i will glue some rims then go to a cafe and drink coffee until i hallucinate
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    sungod wrote:
    snow settling here, after all that rain it must be icy underneath, i give up, sigh

by now mf will be under five metres of snow

think i will glue some rims then go to a cafe and drink coffee until i ejaculate

FTFY
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Watching Blue Peter as there is no way in hell I am going out there.

Das Hound is gazing out wanting to go for a walk so am sending TDV to do the necessary.

Will do a weights sesh - going to drink loads of proper coffee and o/d on pre work out to see how fast I can move.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    God had dandruff issues overnight, he now appears to be rinsing it off.
    Traditional slow start is being enjoyed, need to go and make another cup of tea shortly. A few things to sort then up to Smithfield way for a boozy lunch, this will almost certainly be followed by more boozing. Must try to get the Richmond loop train out of Waterloo on the way home. That way if I fall asleep I’ll only be going round in circles and won’t wake up miles away.
    Have a good day and wrap up warm. Except Spinner, he’s banned from mentioning the weather and as punishment can have Monday earlier than us.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Sounds like a top day V68!

I looked out of the window, and opted out of today. Slush and sleet. Yuk.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Slushy and a bit grim here as well. The hounded opted out his walk after less than 5 mins out - he took a dump then refused to budge so I let him have his way seeing as its so unappealing outside. He's going round the park & woods this afternoon though as he needs to be tired out like young kids.

A bit later is a full English slap up late brekkie in Bromley with a couple of mates, so currently fasting in preparation :)

PS: Pinno, fix the caption comp will ya?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks,
    God had dandruff issues overnight, he now appears to be rinsing it off.
    Traditional slow start is being enjoyed, need to go and make another cup of tea shortly. A few things to sort then up to Smithfield way for a boozy lunch, this will almost certainly be followed by more boozing. Must try to get the Richmond loop train out of Waterloo on the way home. That way if I fall asleep I’ll only be going round in circles and won’t wake up miles away.
    Have a good day and wrap up warm. Except Spinner, he’s banned from mentioning the weather and as punishment can have Monday earlier than us.
    There was weather today, and it may have been nice, but since I’ve spent three days with near-death disease, I didn’t care. Monday is in doubt too, at least as far as work is concerned.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    That’s no good, I almost feel guilty for saying bad things. Please try not to die to death.
  • Smashed flat by a dose of flu. Aches everywhere, throat full of razor blades, hot and colds....
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Ice, Toots party, Santa's Grotto.

Meh.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    coffees quaffed, tubs mounted, the proper way, with mastik'one, more bubbly ordered for mrs s, time for a stroll, maybe get some more bubbly just in case
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Full English after yesterday's club drinking day, ran 7 miles on the a5 whilst my mate used my mountain bike - go some odd looks but the snow was too deep on the pavement. Picked up his car and I cycled back - top fun

Family is stuck at her sisters in Malvern - so pub soon with some pals
  • Surprisingly pleasant in North Yorkshire today. Done a steady 60km all good until last 15 when I start to lose feeling in right hand. So numb I can barely change gear. Get home for 5 minutes of excruciating pain as the feeling comes back slowly. Ended up sticking my other hand in a bowl of hot water just to help get my circulation going. So glad I never got a puncture or I’d have been screwed.
  • Matthewfalle
    just suffered bambino's music school christmas concert. need Pastis.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Toad in the hole for tea. Magic.
  • Matthewfalle
    Home made leek and potato soup with fresh bread and some vin rouge. Parfait.

Toad in the hole and a pint of ale sounds good though.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    hopkinb wrote:
    Had that last weekend, 1000 calories per portion, get in!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Toots party went well. Spoke Kiswahili with parents of twins birthday - they're from Eastern Congo near the Rwandan/Ugandan border. Could have picked French but it was still bizarre; talking in a native tongue in a back water town in Jockland.
    Then on to some private toots do at a Cafe run by Magdelena. Had eclectic mix of Polish Christmas games, arts and crafts and food. It was great. Breath of fresh air.

2 fingers to the BNF/EPL/Farage bunch of w@nkers.

Now munching dark chocolate, orange, hand made crisps and Cashews.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    hopkinb wrote:
    Just got in from lunch. Seem to have stopped in a couple of pubs on the way back. Hic...
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Spent the day on snow covered M6 and M1.
    5 and half hours to get to Heathrow from Staffs.
    Gŕrrr.
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    2 fingers to the BNF/EPL/Farage bunch of w@nkers.
    That reminds me, back to the brexit thread to encourage some to out themselves. If all goes well I might be able to persuade one of them to try and sue me.