edited December 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

going to be a cold ride, it's been dry so expecting ice free

the first cafe stop will be welcome, and the next, and the next
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, cold and dry here with a biting cold wind,dog already walked, porridge and coffee followed by a trip to Tesco’s, then a cold bike ride
    Have a good weekend
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Morning All

Just having a bowl of cornflakes and a coffee before heading out riding - don’t know what the weather is like as it’s pitch black out there - as in can’t see hand in front of face.

Catch up laters.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Bored - in a hotel so can't sleep, with the wife so can't watch tv. Been and collected the car I dumped last night when it proved total shite in the snow and now waiting for the pool to open

Then it's the cycling clubs annual beer and bikes - it will get messy. Such a shame I've moved as it's a long ride home
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Going to wrap up for dog walk, then hoping for an easy day. Everyone has a cold except me.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start is being enjoyed. Looks chilly out, was bloody cold riding home from the pub last night. Good fun though.
    Need to go round to my folks’ place and do some odd jobs today as have a major session tomorrow.
    Have a good day and keep warm.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    Good lie in, now taking junior into Bromley where they are doing some charity busking - luckily its in a shopping centre. I'll go hide in a coffee shop and veg out/get some peace. Later will be a spot of footy, more Xmas card writing and maybe a run :shock:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Think today calls for the Castelli San Remo (starting to look a bit tatty hope there are a few in the sales post Xmas) and merino wool baselayer. I also got some goretex socks for free at work. If I can get them on inside my shoes I’m giving them a try.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Think today calls for the Castelli San Remo (starting to look a bit tatty hope there are a few in the sales post Xmas) and merino wool baselayer. I also got some goretex socks for free at work. If I can get them on inside my shoes I’m giving them a try.

Espresso? It's better than the Alpha or perhaps a DHB full protection soft shell - excellent value for money.

Funny that. Decided that it would be better to dent the Fraud Transit than the new old banger after I locked up yesterday on account of silly white van man not giving way and haring about like a lunatic in the snow. So that's my mode of transport until this weather changes.

It can't make it's mind up today. Was crispy white at 6am, now all melted but snow flurries. F*ck this damp peninsula.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Pinno wrote:
    Think today calls for the Castelli San Remo (starting to look a bit tatty hope there are a few in the sales post Xmas) and merino wool baselayer. I also got some goretex socks for free at work. If I can get them on inside my shoes I’m giving them a try.

Espresso? It's better than the Alpha or perhaps a DHB full protection soft shell - excellent value for money.

Laters.

May have a look at an Espresso but I do like my San Remo. It’s just so comfortable to wear. I’d buy half a dozen if I could afford to. I’m lucky in that I’m a perfect size for one, know loads who are either just too tall or short for a particular size and struggle with them but if you can get one that fits I couldn’t recommend a better bit of kit to wear.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    nippy ride, mostly at 0 degrees, pond at the top of hampstead was freezing over, nice to see the blue sky and sunshine

never tried the original alpha, but the alpha ros jacket is way better than my espresso due, nowhere near as heavy/bulky and it has a better design overall, especially cuffs/neck/back, wore it with a brynje mesh baselayer and it was just right for today; this was the first outing for the sorpasso wind bibtights, definitely much better than the standard ones at this temperature

a few hill repeats, generous mince pie at 2nd cafe, then back down for a few laps of regent's park, not many people out riding today

off to pick up some stuff before vegging out until lunch
  • Matthewfalle
    That was lovely - dressed just right so not too warm (underarmour base layer, Assos soft shell jacket, Lusso thin waterproof jacket on top, luge-Int gloves, lgwarmers, Roubaix shorts). Rocking.

Now having a Thai green curry cup a soup - I normally save them as a pick me up when really cold at work but fancied one. They are mega.

Have to head off to do some deals to fund new bike parts for winter bike - going 105.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • That was lovely - dressed just right so not too warm (underarmour base layer, Assos soft shell jacket, Lusso thin waterproof jacket on top, luge-Int gloves, lgwarmers, Roubaix shorts). Rocking.

Now having a Thai green curry cup a soup - I normally save them as a pick me up when really cold at work but fancied one. They are mega.

Have to head off to do some deals to fund new bike parts for winter bike - going 105.

Are you looking at 11 or 10 speed? I have a set of 6700 Ultegra shifters front and rear mech, cassette & chain . If the guy who is meant to be buying it off me for a build changes his mind I’ll offer it up here first before I go on eBay and FB
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    bikes part of beers and bikes cancelled due to the snow, so on the bus.
  • pinno
    sungod wrote:
    nippy ride, mostly at 0 degrees, pond at the top of hampstead was freezing over, nice to see the blue sky and sunshine

never tried the original alpha, but the alpha ros jacket is way better than my espresso due, nowhere near as heavy/bulky and it has a better design overall, especially cuffs/neck/back, wore it with a brynje mesh baselayer and it was just right for today; this was the first outing for the sorpasso wind bibtights, definitely much better than the standard ones at this temperature

a few hill repeats, generous mince pie at 2nd cafe, then back down for a few laps of regent's park, not many people out riding today

off to pick up some stuff before vegging out until lunch

I guess we're all different but I sold my Alpha Jacket - overrated and slightly tight in M, too loose in ML. I find the Espresso far superior and the DHB for what I paid for it is superb garment.
  • sungod
    but which are you comparing? there're two versions of the alpha and four of the espresso

the 'ros' is quite different to the original alpha (which i looked at in a shop and decided 'no'), rated for lower temperature and with waterproofing

of the different versions of the espresso, the current '4' looks much improved vs. the 'due' i've got
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    sungod wrote:

the 'ros' is quite different to the original alpha (which i looked at in a shop and decided 'no'), rated for lower temperature and with waterproofing

That orange is quite fetching, but two hundred and what now?! I'm going to see what's available for next winter in the spring.
  • Matthewfalle
    That was lovely - dressed just right so not too warm (underarmour base layer, Assos soft shell jacket, Lusso thin waterproof jacket on top, luge-Int gloves, lgwarmers, Roubaix shorts). Rocking.

Are you looking at 11 or 10 speed? I have a set of 6700 Ultegra shifters front and rear mech, cassette & chain . If the guy who is meant to be buying it off me for a build changes his mind I’ll offer it up here first before I go on eBay and FB

11 speed - only need the shifters so looking at £100 brand new after doing some ordering shenanigans.

Have a full 11 speed 6800 group set in a box in the garage saved for next year’s build.

Thank you very much for the offer though - much appreciated. You should shift all that no problem.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Dunno - it's labelled Rosso Corsa... Hang on.

Tick tock, tick, tick, tock... Nope, that's all the info I got.

Aaah, looky - ORDER DETAILS:
    ==============
    1 x Castelli Espresso 4 Cycling Jacket - 2016 - Ruby Red / Medium @ GBP 146.00 = GBP 146.00

=====
    TOTAL GBP: 146.00

The Alpha jacket was from about 2 years ago.
  • sungod
    that's old alpha which i wouldn't buy, and the much nicer espresso 4 which i would, i think we agree on this :)
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Evening

Most of the day spent digging out our road so we could get the cars back home from where we had to leave them last night due to the ice/snow, followed by building a snowman.

I think the snowman will be getting some light up eyes tomorrow using bits from Poundland toys.
  • Off to Berlin tomorrow so did a bit of Christmas shopping today and packed. No riding as it’s sheet ice around these parts.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    raced today and found my performace wanting. felt about as warm as the CBR.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • pinno
    raced today and found my performace wanting. felt about as warm as the CBR.

Cyclo x? Where, when, conditions, what level?