edited December 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

office of gmc, coffee, present to some punters, bail early i think

hangover has eased, may have a glass of red tonight
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, no biking today it’s blowing a gale outside, I have been asked to get the decorations out and up today, it seems a bit early to me, but what do i know
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Get blown in. Department town hall. Couple of hours work. Team Xmas lunch, well, our traditional Indian feast. Battle headwind home.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    WFH - as I continue to play catch up

Tomorrow I’m meant to be cycling 40 miles to work - the weather forecast is saying no!
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Soooo dark, blowing a hoolie, persisting down.

Think I may take the car.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Slower start than usual as I’m taking the girl child in for the start of her mocks this morning. This means driving which is good this morning as it’s wet and windy. Not so good this afternoon as it’s late night shopping chaos in Kingston and the varsity match is on at Twickenham so I can’t go that way. Solution is to lob a bike in the boot for later. Only fly in the ointment is having to get the car back tomorrow before going to the pub.
    Have a good day one and all.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Train to work this morning, someone want to see some latern parade or something after work.

Breezy, but lovely blue skies here. Calm before the storm.

Have got permission to take a day holiday tomorrow in case it snows heavily. Mountain bike will be getting checked over tonight just in case :D
  • MrsHD spent about three hours coughing up a lung last night so I seriously couldn't be bothered with a 6am turbo/zwift/skimovie/house music session.

As Rhianna rightly said, work work work work work work.

May turbo tonight.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning,

Thistle your lucky to have gotten in after some major rail disruption caused by this storm Caroline

_99101687_trampoline.jpg

Anyway down south its just wet many many morons took to the roads today some with blue and red flashy lights fitted to their cars. Why does a bit of adverse weather cause people to forget how to drive?

Anyway coffee interview prep, internal manager roles popped up im going for.
  • End of a short work week for me. String of early meetings to discuss outcome of previous meetings. :roll: But at least it was a nice day, and work paid for lunch for a change.

Should do more packing. CBA.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Eurgh, that was a fun start to the day. Girl was sick just as we were leaving the house, just exam nerves she worries about things so much she makes herself sick. Traffic was utterly dreadful so dropped her off and dumped the car to pedal in. Bit blowy and moist to say the least, I think I can blame that on the ruby last night.
    Good luck with the interview Step.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, waiting for the storm and looking forward to being returned to cold weather. Hopefully some snow, maybe Glenshee or Glencoe this weekend if there is enough to go skiing*.

I was given some new asthma medication yesterday, it's fantastic at getting rid of asthma but my heart rate seems pretty high and my throat is dry palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy, there's vomit on his sweater already, mom's spaghetti.

Waiting for my turn in the review meetings today, could go either way so fingers crossed. Fingers crossed also for Step83, good luck!

*I can't really ski
  • I'm still waiting for that magical day when the wind drops, the skies are blue and at 5pm (the night before) I'll make the drive up to Scottishland for a day or two on the slopes.

Mid-week so hopefully not along with the entire northern ski contingent.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • haydenm
    I'm still waiting for that magical day when the wind drops, the skies are blue and at 5pm (the night before) I'll make the drive up to Scottishland for a day or two on the slopes.

Mid-week so hopefully not along with the entire northern ski contingent.

Depending on the snow this weekend that might happen next week. I guess you probably wouldn't need to but feel free to stop over in Moffat on the way up/back if it helps. I know my parents hate having to book in advance because it makes them less flexible with the weather
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    zut alors! la pluie est formidable

given up on early bail, don't fancy a drenching, gmc punter of gmc seemed happy, time for a sandwich
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Matthewfalle
    HaydenM wrote:
    Morning, waiting for the storm and looking forward to being returned to cold weather. Hopefully some snow, maybe Glenshee or Glencoe this weekend if there is enough to go skiing*.

I was given some new asthma medication yesterday, it's fantastic at getting rid of asthma but my heart rate seems pretty high and my throat is dry palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy, there's vomit on his sweater already, mom's spaghetti.

Waiting for my turn in the review meetings today, could go either way so fingers crossed. Fingers crossed also for Step83, good luck!

*I can't really ski

is it the same stuff team sky gave to BB and KC? if so then best get sized up for that yellow jersey....

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    got blown to Carwaent and back earlier so hiding in office with feet on desk eating grapes and listening to Jessie J "Price Tag".

Have no desire to go back out there.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    Drove junior to school as she is not very well but not ill enough to get off school. Went to dentist. Now playing catch up at work and chewing on one side of my mouth while I dry off after venturing outside for 2 minutes to buy a sarnie. Not missing the bike today.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • haydenm
    HaydenM wrote:

*I can't really ski

is it the same stuff team sky gave to BB and KC? if so then best get sized up for that yellow jersey....

Fostair (beclometasone, formoterol). It contains a corticosteroid (they were injecting a different drug, still a corticosteroid) but this is an inhaler. I checked and it has similar restrictions to salbutamol which I was on before, ie don't use it on a ventilator or it masks other drugs
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Meh. What a run around. Finished hearth foundations at PPP and the front door step is now tiled. I did this whilst watching the hail come in horizontally. Can now order a new front door - should transform it. Then it was the getting the front door back on without touching the newly cemented tiles conundrum.
    Trees are cut up and lying there waiting to be chopped after tree bloke (who doesn't shout much) has done his stuff. Holy Moly - what a job to do but I have no garage roof anyway and whilst they are supposed to be delivering the roofing sheets tomorrow, it will probably be too late, too windy and too cold to put them on.

Must go cook some nosh.

I hate this time of year.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    Too much pre dinner wine. Can’t be bothered to get goat meat (not Craig or Euan as new goat is called) shepherd’s pie out of the oven.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Evening, interview went well, no sign of storms down this way just some rain all very boring.

Started the hunt for bike parts, carbon bikes taking a battering I have an alloy frame stashed away so should give me something to do over the next few weeks.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Step83 wrote:
    Evening, interview went well, no sign of storms down this way just some rain all very boring.

Started the hunt for bike parts, carbon bikes taking a battering I have an alloy frame stashed away so should give me something to do over the next few weeks.

You don't have a winter hack?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!