Discussion - problems when cycling in towns

justanormalcyclist
edited December 2017 in Commuting general
Hello biking community! I was just wondering, what are some problems in regards to cycling do you face typically or think is bothering you while commuting?

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Why?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • What a crap thread!

To answer the question I would say weather. Generally dont suffer much problems when riding around places. Any problems I do come across are thankfully occasional and not typical.
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    there is no problems .... cycling in town is what it is, adapt to it, dont fight it.

Yes there is a car there - yes there isn't enough room to always get past, yes people pass you closely, yes people walk out in the road .... thats what cycling in town is like
  • Dumb arse pedestrians too busy playing on their phone to bother looking when walking out into the road.

And just generally wandering around in the middle of the road because they have right of way over everything. And then swearing etc at you when you ring your bell.

People are stupid, life is unfair, nothing we can do about, just make sure you own arse is covered when the inevitable eventually happens.
  • zebra67
    zebra67 Posts: 113
    I'm a bit of a ditz who sometimes forgets spare lights. This reminds me to get some in my jacket.
    Train + Cycling is so much nicer than driving for getting to work.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    OP hasn't been back since 11/11 so can't be very interested.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools