Downhill / Maybe Enduro For Around 2k

neilvx
neilvx Posts: 137
edited December 2017 in MTB general
Morning everyone,

I have tried to search for answers but I don’t think I am hitting the right key words lol.

I am looking to try and find a downhill / maybe enduro for around 2k. I know this is quite a small budget for a downhill bike but have noticed quite a few to still pick from.

I know second hand would be the best bet and bang for buck but just worried about getting into a mechanical nightmare and end up paying as much as a new bike.

I already have a carbon Cube hardtail but last time I used that I did get a battering, I did make it to the bottom at least haha.

The reason I added an Enduro (they have the 160mm travel don’t they) is because I am no die hard and would I really need 200mm of travel on the bike.

This is why I need everyone’s help as I am just gong round in circles.
Cube Reaction GTC Pro 27.5 2017 Grey / Yellow Flash
Ribble R872 Ultegra
Skyway BMX

Comments

• neilvx
    oxoman wrote:
    Before I suggest something please define your idea of downhill as massive differences of opinion on this. See clips.
    1st one says downhill but definitely not.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YeJUlVjgNg0
    2nd is more like it
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DhBPFr3RRso

99% the 1st one, which is why i think 200mm is overkill for what I want to be honst.
    Ribble R872 Ultegra
    Skyway BMX
  • One question: do you want to be be able to ride uphill? If yes, you don't want a full downhill bike.

They're made for one sole purpose, going down the gnarliest terrain, as fast as possible. No sane person would attempt to ride uphill on a downhill bike.

Whereas, an enduro bike (even a 170mm one) is made to be able to climb as this is a big part of enduro racing.

Plenty of enduro bikes around under £2k, take your pick.
  • neilvx
    I will spread my search wider and see what catches my eyes.
    Ribble R872 Ultegra
    Skyway BMX