Wednesday, dealing out the agony within.

hopkinb
hopkinb Posts: 7,129
edited December 2017 in The bottom bracket
I think Mrs Doyle's endless cups of tea have done for sungod.
Sore legs this morning after pointless hills. Tailwind should see me in to work.
Work Xmas do tomorrow, so early bail. Busy today though.

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    Another day, another free breakfast...better go running tonight.

Seems like the pre Christmas rush at work is gathering pace.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    'ning

after many adventures in strasbourg, which was mostly a nippy -1 to 1, bit of snow for scenic effect, the tally (excluding a few glasses of brekkie bubbly, some other wine, the cognacs, ports, sundry liqueurs, and eurostar mini-bottles) was a 12 bottles between us, mostly bubbly but a couple of nice reds and a local riesling snuck in

last night over a bottle at the st. p bubbly bar we discussed maybe a day off the sauce, much hilarity

strasbourg crimbo markets were fun, had a boat trip, saw the eu buildings (sniffle), ate too much, shopped, etc.

stayed at the cour de corbeau, 16th century charm, lovely staff, good brekkie, excellent olde wobbly staircase which was a test of coordination

feeling hungover

a day of gmc beckons, heart definitely not in it, cafe soon
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Booooooooom. Back in my sons.

How is everyone? What’s been occurring?

Dark here so cornflakes and coffee and a quick pedal in weighed down by large school bag but intending to bunk off as much as possible today.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    WFH - hopefully not the same extended hours as yesterday.

Off later to watch the youngest in a football comp, might ride over to get some miles in - wonder if I will suffer and my first sufferfest for years last night
  • hopkinb
    sungod wrote:
    'ning

after many adventures in strasbourg, which was mostly a nippy -1 to 1, bit of snow for scenic effect, the tally (excluding a few glasses of brekkie bubbly, some other wine, the cognacs, ports, sundry liqueurs, and eurostar mini-bottles) was a 12 bottles between us, mostly bubbly but a couple of nice reds and a local riesling snuck in

last night over a bottle at the st. p bubbly bar we discussed maybe a day off the sauce, much hilarity

strasbourg crimbo markets were fun, had a boat trip, saw the eu buildings (sniffle), ate too much, shopped, etc.

stayed at the cour de corbeau, 16th century charm, lovely staff, good brekkie, excellent olde wobbly staircase which was a test of coordination

feeling hungover

a day of gmc beckons, heart definitely not in it, cafe soon

Sounds like an excellent trip. Well jel, as youth may or may not say. I expect as the phrase has filtered through to me, I expect they don't.

I see our resident patcher-up of assorted servicemen has returned. Not much has been happening. Except Pinno has sore balls, which he has painted with beetroot juice in some kind of Scots ritual.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    I think I've done enough work for today already, need a lie down. Now on my third cup of tea with the coffee machine warming nicely in the background.
    Welcome back SG and MF. SG your trip sounds really good, MF I'm not sure yours would have been quite the same.
    MF, where were you when Goo and some other Nazi sympathiser were saying Britain First weren't far right? I'm sure you could have had something to say on that.
    Just got to survive the rest of the day without anybody noticing if I fall asleep.
    Gah, pesky customers phoning and bothering me. I actually had to get up and go and check something. I'll have to charge them extra.
    Beer and curry later, mmm...
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, office day again. Currently getting bogged down in mapping work as usual. I was out tree-shouting yesterday so I've had my weekly dose of fresh air. Borrowed a Christmas tree too so we are the neighbourhood weirdos with decorations up already. Coffee coffee coffee. Docs later on, I think I have some Dickensian respiratory disease
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Sore neck this morning from riding home last night, forgot how shitty the traffic is on the way home too.

Missus discovered the new bike last night. I wasn't hiding it from her, she just walked past it a dozen times and didn't notice :D
  • Matthewfalle
    Sooooo cold. Had to head into the valleys to Edwyn's to get an emergency curry Pot Noodle.

What has Pinno done to his testicles? Is he trying to pickle them to preserve them for future scientific experiments?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    Sooooo cold. Had to head into the valleys to Edwyn's to get an emergency curry Pot Noodle.

What has Pinno done to his testicles? Is he trying to pickle them to preserve them for future scientific experiments?
    He swapped them with his brain to improve his Cake Stop debating skills :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb

Epdidididiidididmitis his post said.. Treatable with beetroot juice, or wire brush and Dettol. He chose the former. I'm sure he'll be along with pics shortly.
  • Matthewfalle
    Cheese grater will solve it no dramas.

Currently having lunch and eavesdropping someone else's meeting whilst huge character assassination goes on ......

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:

He swapped them with his brain to improve his Cake Stop debating skills :wink:

Don't you need some skills in the first place to improve skills?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432

is use of a cheese grater a tom sharpe novel reference, or coincidence?

see final paragraph...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Throwback
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Matthewfalle
    sungod wrote:

is use of a cheese grater a tom sharpe novel reference, or coincidence?

see final paragraph...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Throwback

Coincidence.

Watched a programme on S&M dominatrixes about 30 years ago and the burd was explained different tools of the trade she used.

First out was toilet roll holder with sandpaper inside, then the cheese grater .......

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    Watched a programme on S&M dominatrixes about 30 minutes ago and the burd was explained different tools of the trade she used.

First out was toilet roll holder with sandpaper inside, then the cheese grater .......

FTFY. :)
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    hopkinb wrote:
    Visited an S&M dominatrix about 30 minutes ago and the burd explained different tools of the trade she used.

FTFTFY :mrgreen:
  • Matthewfalle
    Can't a man have any special hobbies without you lot taking the Michael all the time?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • I did well, I walked past several Christmas market stalls in Manchester without buying beer. I did buy a nice mountain jacket though!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    I did well, I walked past several Christmas market stalls in Manchester without buying beer. I did buy a nice mountain jacket though!

Disapprove of not buying beer, approve thoroughly for new jacket. One can never have too many jackets...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    hopkinb wrote:
    sungod wrote:

Sounds like an excellent trip. Well jel, as youth may or may not say. I expect as the phrase has filtered through to me, I expect they don't.

I see our resident patcher-up of assorted servicemen has returned. Not much has been happening. Except Pinno has sore balls, which he has painted with beetroot juice in some kind of Scots ritual.

It be an ancient custom eye brought up from my tyme in the Wes Cuntry it be. I'm trying to civilise 'em.

Meh. Bloody roads. 11.5 deg today and an expected -6 by Friday morning.

Must pick Tricky up from Pantomime excursion. Wish me luck in peeling her off the ceiling.

Bashed lip proper at 5am - but that's another story.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Visited an S&M dominatrix about 30 minutes ago and the burd used different tools of the trade.

First out was a copy of HMRC's tax rules then the cheese grater .......

FTFTFY :mrgreen:

F what VN had F after Hoppy had F it.
  • Matthewfalle
    Just got back from visiting Edwyn to pick up the Christmas goat.

Oh my dizzy aunt it’s bloody freezing - having to quaff wine to try and warm up.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Just got back from visiting Edwyn to pick up the Christmas goat.

Oh my dizzy aunt it’s bloody freezing - having to quaff wine to try and warm up.

11.5 degrees today at about 5pm and forecast is 2 deg tomorrow with a very stiff wind. It'll be fun.

Mind you, I remember camping in the foothills of MT Kenya. In the day it was 35 degrees plus and at night it was below zero.
  • Matthewfalle
    I went full North Face to see him as I know he likes to take people outside to pick their goat but this was beyond funny. Utterly freezing. Must be similar to living in Theresa May’s heart.

I now have a goat in my kitchen. Why do I do this every year?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    I went full North Face to see him as I know he likes to take people outside to pick their goat but this was beyond funny. Utterly freezing. Must be similar to living in Theresa May’s heart.

I now have a goat in my kitchen. Why do I do this every year?

Because you like Kebab's and Chamois leathers?
  • Matthewfalle
    Cook it like a hog roast on Christmas Eve - rub in sea salt, garlic, rosemary - well rocks. The skins we use on New Year’s Eve as blankets to welcome in the New Year.

Last year bambina became attached to the goat so it still lives around the land. It’s called Craig.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    "Craig had to go away"?
    "Craig met a girl goat and they are now spending their honey moon chomping grass in the valleys"?
  • Matthewfalle
    Craig’s eaten my fukking underpants off the washing line again more like...

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Craig’s eaten my fukking underpants off the washing line again more like...

I don't believe it, he would not have survived.