Neil young

bianchimoon
bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
edited December 2017 in The cake stop
For any fans on here, he's released his entire catalogue for free streaming
http://www.neilyoungarchives.com
Neil Young on Friday opened an exhaustive online archive of his half-century career, as the rock legend charged ahead on a politically loaded new album.
In a project whose breadth has no parallels among musicians of his level of fame, Young made all of his albums available for streaming alongside the accompanying lyrics, credits and artwork as well as videos and tour information.
In a delight for fans of the ever-prolific Canadian with years of rumored obscurities, the Neil Young Archives includes around 10 unreleased albums although most are not yet fully uploaded.

how very generous!!
All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....

Comments

• This is worth a listen if you're a Neil Young fan, podcast interview with Tim Pope who has worked with him for many years

https://www.acast.com/adambuxton/ep.59-musicvideotaleswithtimpope
    GET WHEEZY - WALNUT LUNG RACING TEAM™
  • bianchimoon
    This is worth a listen if you're a Neil Young fan, podcast interview with Tim Pope who has worked with him for many years

https://www.acast.com/adambuxton/ep.59-musicvideotaleswithtimpope

Thanks will have a listen!
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Thanks for that. Big NY fan. Have signed up.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    He really must have a heart of gold.
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    And the music in in high resolution format as he hates MP3 compression of music. Expect his music to vanish from other streaming sites in the near future.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Phew!!!!!
    The thread title had me fearing the worst.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • cooldad
    It is only free for 6 months, but long enough to check it all out and decide if it's worth subscribing.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • bianchimoon
    cooldad wrote:
    It is only free for 6 months, but long enough to check it all out and decide if it's worth subscribing.

yup, a generous period unlike al lot of 'offers' and I think they're adding more all the time a few of the buffalo springfield tracks seem unavailable, not sure if that's copyright issues or just haven't been uploaded yet :?:
  • cooldad
    Guess it's just a shedload of stuff to upload in master format. Some of the unreleased stuff isn't there yet neither. But plenty to be going on with.
    I even watched his into/how to use thing which was useful.

Anyway I'm happy. I have loads on CD, but there's plenty on there I don't have, mainly the newer stuff (like after 2000ish)

Listening to Greendale, and enjoying it, but my favourites have always been the stuff with Crazy Horse. I like my NY heavy.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools