"Road Legal" MTB pedals (Not Wellgo copies)

lukebrewerton
lukebrewerton Posts: 16
edited December 2017 in MTB buying advice
Hi all,

I am looking to get some decent pedals for my HT, but as I will also be using the bike on my commute they need to be "Road Legal" in that they have or can have reflectors on both sides of the platform. I have tried to find some but all I can find are the Wellgo open mould copies which I will stick with if I have to but would prefer some proper flats like the DMR V8 or CrankBrothers 5050's.

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Nothing wrong with Well go. Wellgo MG1. Light magnesium and better than V8s.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Just get some quality 3M tape and put it on the backs of the crankarm pedal or shoes.

Nobody's ever been stopped for not having reflectors on a pedal anyway.
  • 02gf74
    02gf74 Posts: 1,168
    Road legal? I've ridden with spds that have no reflectors and never been stopped by the police, likewise without red or white reflector but do have led lamps, front and back.

I would not worry about the reflectors.
  • Maybe 'road legal' isn't an issue, as previous replies have said, you are unlikely to be pulled by the police for this. But at this time of year, it is sensible to have the reflectors on your pedals as they are moving and catch car drivers eyes.
  • philcubed wrote:
    Maybe 'road legal' isn't an issue, as previous replies have said, you are unlikely to be pulled by the police for this. But at this time of year, it is sensible to have the reflectors on your pedals as they are moving and catch car drivers eyes.

Not as much a decent rear light or two.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • I wouldn't bother with pedal reflectors, legal or not.

I commute year round and in full winter, with me on it my bike will be sporting
    2 x rear lights
    2 x front lights (one see, one be seen)
    Valve cap lights for better side visibility
    Fluorescent yellow panniers with reflective panels
    Fluorescent orange high vis gillet
    Gloves with reflective panels on them

That's what I'd recommend to others long before pedal reflectors.
  • peat
    peat Posts: 1,242
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-High-Visib ... mu8z2jipZw

I use these on my ankles in the dark. I mainly ride road so have them on my wrists aswell so my indications have a chance of being seen.