Tuesday, can it be that there's some sort of error?

hopkinb
hopkinb Posts: 7,129
edited December 2017 in The bottom bracket
Nothing much. Pedal. Work. Coffee. Cake. Probably curry.

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Waiting for a train to town, free cooked brekky awaits at an advisors event near Charing Cross. Just as well as I'm bloody starving despite the curry and poppadom frenzy we had last night. They do say that curry is only rented...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning lads, nursing a bit of a hangover, come to think of it a big bit of a hangover, just trying to kick start the system with tea, have a good day
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    GOOD morning.

Dry, mild, cycled all the way to work for the first time in 4 months :mrgreen:

Morning meeting has been replaced with a teleconference, which is good because then I can sneak off as soon as I'm not needed.

Getting my eyes checked later because there's something up with them. They feel like :shock: the whole time.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    WFH after being kicked out of a branch at closing time yesterday - right in the flow of some work :(

Ties up nice because the tiler is here today

Later is probably stripping wallpaper again
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Morning folks,
    Had to drive in this morning as I had stuff to carry, need to pick the Mrs up later as she has a work Christmas lunch. Not much going on here, trying to get a few things sorted. Need to pop out later and buy some booze for a few customers. Got to send a parcel off to the lad with a few bits for Christmas the Mrs got for him.
    That reminds me, saw a woman walking down the pavement with a couple of kids, one on a scooter and one on a balance bike. They looked to be broadly the same age and were racing ahead of the woman. The kid on the balance bike had lights the kid on the scooter didn't. Do you think that means the kid on the bike was her favourite?
    Only had 2 cups of tea so far, bunch of slackers around here. Coffee machine is warming nicely.
  • Sat in bed last night at 8.30 with a cup of tea and a book so an early start wasn't as bad as normal today. I even managed a 6km run, scrambled eggs sat the table and dropped a child off at nursery before work because of it.

Must get some Christmas shopping sorted for the boss shortly.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Attack of the Muppets at work today. So much institutionalised stupidity it hurts. They should pay me double for maintaining a facade of civility when confronted by such f^ckwittery.

Almost spoiled my birthday. Was forced to buy myself a present to restore the feng shui.

A particularly fine cabernet sauvignon with dinner has tipped the balance in a good way.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • hopkinb
    Attack of the Muppets at work today. So much institutionalised stupidity it hurts. They should pay me double for maintaining a facade of civility when confronted by such f^ckwittery.

Almost spoiled my birthday. Was forced to buy myself a present to restore the feng shui.

A particularly fine cabernet sauvignon with dinner has tipped the balance in a good way.

:D Happy birthday Wheelspinner! Who made the Cabernet? Was it an Aussie wine? What was dinner?
  • hopkinb wrote:
    Attack of the Muppets at work today. So much institutionalised stupidity it hurts. They should pay me double for maintaining a facade of civility when confronted by such f^ckwittery.

:D Happy birthday Wheelspinner! Who made the Cabernet? Was it an Aussie wine? What was dinner?
    Ta H3! Another step into decrepitude ticked off I fear. ..

A local plonk, yes: Penfolds Bin 407. A neighbour who is entirely Philistine when it comes to wines gave us a few bottles ages ago he'd got as company gifts. Doesn't know a good wine from a bucket of petrol, so we benefit.

Dinner was a baked filo of mushrooms, spinach, kumera and miscellaneous good things with BBQ pork in ginger and soy.
  • hopkinb
    Dinner sounds delicious. I love mushrooms.

I've never had a pure Penfolds Cabernet, and they are out of my price bracket now. Before they positioned themselves so firmly in the "premium" price bracket, I got through a heavily discounted case of the bin 389 cabernet shiraz (£12 a bottle!!), and a half dozen each of the second vintage of their RWT and St Henri 1998 (both mid £20's per bottle at the time). Very good wines, but there's no way I'd pay the prices they ask now.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, barely. Busy morning of broken things being made less broken and observing the slack jawed youths of the office trying to flirt with some new girl in the office.

Happy day of cake Wheelspinner enjoy the Cabernet and BBQ porks.

Plans for the rest of the day include amassing unused furniture from the office to make a bonfire to keep warm and working out why theres a satellite dish pointed at a wall, busy life for me.
  • hopkinb
    Dinner was a baked filo of mushrooms, spinach, kumera and miscellaneous good things with BBQ pork in ginger and soy.

I just looked up kumera to discover it's sweet potato! Do you have a recipe for that filo? Or was that bought in?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    hopkinb wrote:

Ta H3! Another step into decrepitude ticked off I fear. ..

A local plonk, yes: Penfolds Bin 407. A neighbour who is entirely Philistine when it comes to wines gave us a few bottles ages ago he'd got as company gifts. Doesn't know a good wine from a bucket of petrol, so we benefit.

Happy birthday Spinner 8)

Not a 'landmark' birthday I take it?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Happy birthday Spinner.
    I'm just eating a tub of chicken Chow Mein that I nuked, not exactly cordon bleu.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Happy birthday wheelspinner
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    Happy birthday Spinner 8)

Not a 'landmark' birthday I take it?
    No, just an in between number, closer to 60 than 50 though.
  • hopkinb wrote:

I just looked up kumera to discover it's sweet potato! Do you have a recipe for that filo? Or was that bought in?
    Significant Other cooked it...
    2 Onions, chopped
    4 cups mushrooms
    garlic
    All spice 1/2 tsp
    Soy Sauce
    Maple Syrup (!) 1 - 2 tbsp
    Tomato pasts 2 tbsp
    1 can coconut milk
    4 cups spinach leaves
    Kumera
    filo.

Saute onions, mushrooms etc in all the other stuff except spinach. Steam and mash the kumera. Fill dish with cooked mushroom, layer over with the spinach and then the mash, cover with filo pastry for the pie top. Bake.

Mmmmm
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Felicitations WS.

How near are you to a free bus pass? Do they do them in Oz?

Me taking garage roof off and doing some pointing me. Well, lots of pointing. Looks like I may haver to do the roof in Arctic conditions on Friday.
    Tomorrow Jubilee, no not that - hanging around all day in a Hospital in Glasgow. The joys.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Pinno wrote:
    Felicitations WS.

How near are you to a free bus pass? Do they do them in Oz?

Me taking garage roof off and doing some pointing me. Well, lots of pointing. Looks like I may haver to do the roof in Arctic conditions on Friday.
    Tomorrow Jubilee, no not that - hanging around all day in a Hospital in Glasgow. The joys.

Laters.
    Still a long way off that. You can get a "Seniors Card" at 60, provided you aren't working (no real check though) which gives you heavily discounted PT fares, and other benefits, but the pensioner stuff kicks in from 65 on I think. Probably never qualify as it's means-tested. :roll:
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    Getting my eyes checked later because there's something up with them. They feel like :shock: the whole time.
    Get them checked and good luck.

Was year past October I followed that route. Optician for an eye test 'cos something ain't right. He found a Problem, as in get yourself down the Eye Hospital AnE right now, where doctor found 2 further problems which have turned out to be not problems, just idiosyncrasies. The Problem is still under treatment. But seriously good that it was found early.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    Oh and happy birthday WS.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    I use eye drops everyday, all day. And gel at night. And steroidal eye drops 3 times a day.
    I would be lying if I said that it wasn't a PITA. 24 years and counting.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!