Christmas Drinks?

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Maybe someone should throw a dart at a calendar and a map.
    Guessing December will start to get busy for everyone how about 30th November at the Roebuck?
    I guarantee I will get home and find the wife has booked something for that night.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Maybe someone should throw a dart at a calendar and a map.
    Guessing December will start to get busy for everyone how about 30th November at the Roebuck?
    I guarantee I will get home and find the wife has booked something for that night.

Mrs H and Mini H birthday is 30th Nov!
  • veronese68
    hopkinb wrote:
    Are you saying your family is more important than a bunch of sweaty men in lycra that you met on the interweb?
    If so you pick a date.
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Are you saying your family is more important than a bunch of sweaty men in lycra that you met on the interweb?
    If so you pick a date.

What about the first week in December so 7/8th? I’m assuming Roebuck since we’ve not managed to go any else for a few years.
  • rower63
    rower63 Posts: 1,991
    Veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    If so you pick a date.
    What about the first week in December so 7/8th? I’m assuming Roebuck since we’ve not managed to go any else for a few years.
    good for moi
    Dolan Titanium ADX 2016
    Ridley Noah FAST 2013
    Bottecchia/Campagnolo 1990
    Carrera Parva Hybrid 2016
    Hoy Sa Calobra 002 2014 [off duty]
    Storck Absolutist 2011 [off duty]
    http://www.slidingseat.net/cycling/cycling.html
  • hopkinb
    8th I can do, but not 7th.
  • hopkinb
    4th and 6th are also OK for me that week.
  • vimfuego
    vimfuego Posts: 1,783
    Aye - 7th is a non starter for me too
    CS7
    Surrey Hills
    What's a Zwift?
  • Okay shall we pencil in the 8th? Or is there any other takers/suggestions?
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Unfortunately up in Cannock for work both days.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • hopkinb
    I've penned in the 8th.
  • Have added it to the diary, there are few days in early december which don't have a tentative hold for daddy day care for reasons I can't remember.

Did we say the Roebuck or are we going Morpeth or somewhere else?
    If I know you, and I like you, you can borrow my bike box for £30 a week. PM for details.
  • veronese68
    We've gone to the Roebuck the last few drinks as it's only people from that direction have gone out. If people would rather go to the Morpeth I'm not averse to it, riding into big town every now and then is a bit of an adventure for me.
    8th is alright for me, just have to tell the Mrs I will miss our regular on the way home drink. Unless I stop for one with her on the way.
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    We've gone to the Roebuck the last few drinks as it's only people from that direction have gone out. If people would rather go to the Morpeth I'm not averse to it, riding into big town every now and then is a bit of an adventure for me.
    8th is alright for me, just have to tell the Mrs I will miss our regular on the way home drink. Unless I stop for one with her on the way.

Yup last time I went was with your self and one of the younger ones? I remember that there where a number of young lasses using us as a safe place to leave their drinks and what not, and was a discussion as should we let the younger man dream!
  • vimfuego
    I'm OK for 8th at the moment. Either venue works for me - I'll PT w*nker it anyway.
    CS7
    Surrey Hills
    What's a Zwift?
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Veronese68 wrote:

Yup last time I went was with your self and one of the younger ones? I remember that there where a number of young lasses using us as a safe place to leave their drinks and what not, and was a discussion as should we let the younger man dream!

not on my watch :roll:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • veronese68
    So this Friday. Should we do the Roebuck or can anyone only make the Morpeth?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,228
    Shan't be making it.

Being shouted at by Stewart Lee for being a rubbish audience member instead.
  • hopkinb
    Roebuck is fine with me, as is Morpeth. I just need to remember my hiplock. Looks like it might be a bit chilly on Friday, so last years outdoor extravaganza might not be possible.
  • I’ll probably be there 6ish depending on traffic etc, I’m assuming Roebuck but no problems with Morpeth.
  • veronese68
    Shan't be making it.

Being shouted at by Stewart Lee for being a rubbish audience member instead.
    Shame you can't make it, but that should be very good. Enjoy.

I'll aim for 6ish too assuming the Roebuck. A bit later if the Morpeth as I'll be riding in from Hanworth.
  • vimfuego
    Went to see Stewart Lee a couple of weeks ago - well worth it. Really funny.

Anyway, should be able to make it at a reasonable hour (looks like the Roebuck then)
    CS7
    Surrey Hills
    What's a Zwift?
  • Bit late to the party, I may just tootle on over Fri evening and join you guys... :)
  • veronese68
    Excellent, the more the merrier. I'll wear my Verona jersey so if anyone doesn't know me I'll be easy to spot.
  • vimfuego
    OK. Looking forward to it.

Likewise - I'll be the confused looking chap aimlessly wandering around looking for the rest of you, so I''ll probably be sporting a really subtle lime green NFL beanie which might mark me out (do wave your arms about in the accepted fashion if you spot me before I clock you)
    CS7
    Surrey Hills
    What's a Zwift?
  • hopkinb
    I'll be in lycra, and looking slightly embarrassed as a result, at least until I have a beer or two on board. I'll leave here around 5, so as long as it takes me to cycle. Must remember lock.
  • I'll be in lycra too. Completely overdressed this morning... May even be the odd one out in shorts :wink:

Invited another local commuter as well. Will get there around 18:15 - Embankment traffic permitting. Assuming we'll meet at The Roebuck, Richmond Hill?
  • veronese68
    dizzydane wrote:
    May even be the odd one out in shorts :wink:
    Don't think anyone will want to be wearing shorts tomorrow.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2635308
  • hopkinb
    Yes, cold tomorrow, shorts could be an error.

Yep, that's the place.
  • Thanks for the heads up. Overshoes then... :D Plus good ol RP is always about 5 degrees colder than the rest of SW London.