Campagnolo eps or shimano di2

baz69
baz69 Posts: 94
edited November 2017 in Workshop
Would like to upgrade to electronic shifting,and I have a few choices but would love to hear different views on best choice
I currently have new bike with potenza groupset ,my choice are as follows,
Keep potenza chainset and brakes ,and upgrade rest to campy chorus eps.
Sell complete new potenza ,and replace with full chorus eps groupset,is there a big diff in potenza and chorus chainset ?.
Or go with shimano 6870 di2 groupset,cost wise upgrade kit £750,full chorus £1350,shimano ultegra di2 £1000.
After looking at reviews ,none the wiser ,Only that shimano deffo dominates the market on supply ,but campy does come across as not widely used but seems to be of very good quality,only ever had shimano,so should I stick with it or go campagnolo.advice please.

Comments

• Also have a look at SRAM eTap - you don't have to bother with wiring. And once you get used to the way it works, you wonder why Shimano or Campagnolo didn't think of doing the same. You press the right shifter blade to change up at the rear, change down at the rear with the left shifter blade, and change the front derailleur from whatever chainring it's on to the other ring by pressing both shifters simultaneously. It works well and is far easier to operate in winter if you have thick winter gloves on than Di2 (I haven't ridden a bike equipped with EPS).

All you really need are the shifters and derailleurs.
  • Nick Payne wrote:
    Also have a look at SRAM eTap - you don't have to bother with wiring. And once you get used to the way it works, you wonder why Shimano or Campagnolo didn't think of doing the same. You press the right shifter blade to change up at the rear, change down at the rear with the left shifter blade, and change the front derailleur from whatever chainring it's on to the other ring by pressing both shifters simultaneously. It works well and is far easier to operate in winter if you have thick winter gloves on than Di2 (I haven't ridden a bike equipped with EPS).

All you really need are the shifters and derailleurs.

If I were to upgrade to electronic gears. I would give eTap a serious look. I saw a Trek Madone a few months ago with eTap. There isn't a single cable in sight anywhere (except a tiny bit going into the rear brake. It looks so much cleaner and slick. If it were between Campag/Shimano only I would look at what I could afford as functionally there is nothing between the two its purely down to aesthetics
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Etap for me too. Who needs cables.
  • baz69
    Thanks for input,haven't looked at etap,so with my current setup if I wanted to go etap,all I have to change are derailleur front and rear and shifters ,I don't need to change cassette or chainset ,is this correct.just had a quick look there seems to be diff choices for etap ?
  • baz69 wrote:
    Thanks for input,haven't looked at etap,so with my current setup if I wanted to go etap,all I have to change are derailleur front and rear and shifters ,I don't need to change cassette or chainset ,is this correct.just had a quick look there seems to be diff choices for etap ?

Only differences should be rim or disc (hydraulic brakes) and WiFli which is pretty much just longer rear derailleur cage for lower gears.
  • baz69
    Thanks for that,just had a look at sram site just figured the diff with std etap and wi fli,