Vision Team 35 Wheels

Philapino
Philapino Posts: 26
edited November 2017 in Workshop
Has anyone tried to take apart the freehub on the rear wheel with these? I tried today and couldn't figure it out for the life of me.

I've searched the internet/this forum but can only find guides to their Team 30 wheels, which are different.

Any help would be appreciated, even if anyone can find any technical drawings of the inner workings or something?!

Thank you

Comments

• Anyone have any ideas?
  • This is your rear hub, which as you can see has an hexagonal slot around the quick release hole. That slot takes a 5 mm Allen Key. There should be an identical on the other side. 2 x 5 mm Allen Keys and you are in business

600x600-115360-pb149227-2-add1.jpg
    left the forum March 2023
  • Thanks for the reply. I tried this and it wouldn't budge... Do they normally torque them up particularly tight?
  • Yes, you need to give it quite some anticlockwise welly to undo them
    left the forum March 2023
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    this seems to link to a similar hub to Ugo's drawing, the FH removal is the last section.

if not, does the end cap pull off like a DT swiss 240 hub?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch-QdqRnFGY
  • Thanks guys. I came across that video when trying the other day but mine isn't the same as the one in the video. Don't know what a DT swiss 240 hub is like, so don't know the answer to your question. Think I'll try the giving it some welly approach next...
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    if there are no flats under the knurled end cap, see if it will pull off off, like a dt240 hub? the FH then just slides free. you might need to fashion a lever, on the dt hub, it stays in place with an internal O ring.

either that of buy some longer allen keys!
  • mamba80 wrote:
    either that of buy some longer allen keys!

Hahahaha, great shout!