Does anyone know what frame/bike this is

B_The_Biker
B_The_Biker Posts: 36
edited November 2017 in MTB general
https://www.flickr.com/gp/160155679@N08/4dLb24

https://www.flickr.com/gp/160155679@N08/wX3195

I’ve never seen the rear suspension set up like this on any other bike

I was told it’s an old Santa Cruz, but I’ve looked through the full back catalogue of Santa frames and think they’ve gotten it confused with an old 5010.
It’s not a B-Twin either, I’ve searched the net alot for this type of frame to not avail. Anybody recognise it?

Comments

• JGTR
    JGTR Posts: 1,404
  • JGTR wrote:

You must be a Speng to post a unhelpful comment like that as you know that’s the same bike, an i have obviously posted it again haven’t I, as I never got an answer to the first post. if you don’t know the frame I don’t need your trolly little input.
  • 02gf74
    02gf74 Posts: 1,168
    You may want to post the question on retrobike Co UK. Looks like an early fs frame

Ps what is a spend.
  • JGTR
    JGTR Posts: 1,404
    Aw dang, you caught me out :oops:

P.S what’s a Speng?
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Sense of humour failure there....
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    If you bothered to post some decent pictures of the detail, and both side etc it might help. As it is it just looks like a badly painted something or other with random bits.

Lower mount looks kind of like a GT i Drive, but isn't. It resembles no Santa Cruz.

Retrobike might be the best place.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • I ment the Santa Cruz blur not 5010 sorry, but i know it’s not A blur either. And the pictures are clear enough to be recognised by someone who is already familiar with the frame

User 02GF74 thanks for the advice
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    JGTR wrote:

You must be a Speng
    No he's pointing out that you are the total Covfefe for posting the same question twice. Contrary to the forum rules you signed up to.

Looks like a Rockrider 9 series
    fbd572875a232c4e18444ea717f0.jpg
    Note the 'flying loop' round the rear of the seatpost. The eccentric and the strange shape of the rear triangle as it comes past that pivot at the eccentric.
    Wrong forks and shock and certainly no DH bike. Possibly stolen and painted as camouflage.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • cooldad
    Totally different shaped tubes though and mountings.
    Back end looks similar though.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Older front triangle tube shapes on this one

https://en.shpock.com/i/V0R0Su5bnkNGi0aM/#
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • cooldad
    Possibly a bitsa? Lower pivot certainly looks right, and pretty distinctive.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Yess “The Rookie” was right it’s a rockrider, the model I’ve got is the FR 9 though, thanks for the input.
  • cooldad
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Ah, ok then. :roll:
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009