British Cycling 10% Chain Reaction Discount

pmwhelan
pmwhelan Posts: 15
edited November 2017 in Road general
Hi
I hope this is the correct forum.
Does anyone who is a member of British Cycling have a spare 10% code for CRC?

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/chainreaction

Thanks
P

Comments

• If you were after using it on a Black Friday deal you can’t on top of the existing deals.
  • If you were after using it on a Black Friday deal you can’t on top of the existing deals.

Oh thanks good to know.

Do they have any other valid codes?

Cheers
    p
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    If you were after using it on a Black Friday deal you can’t on top of the existing deals.

I have just bought a set of Fulcrum 3 wheels which are in the week 3 BF deals at CRC and it allowed me to use my BC discount code!
  • redvision wrote:
    If you were after using it on a Black Friday deal you can’t on top of the existing deals.

I have just bought a set of Fulcrum 3 wheels which are in the week 3 BF deals at CRC and it allowed me to use my BC discount code!

I’m just going off what BC’s webpage says itself.

Right at the bottom it says so.
  • redvision
    redvision wrote:

I’m just going off what BC’s webpage says itself.

Right at the bottom it says so.

I know. I was very surprised that it worked, especially as it says the same about the halfords discount and I had a store refuse the 10% off a few weeks ago (even though the items I wanted were not in a sale, only price matched by halfords themselves).

I probably shouldn't get too carried away as I guess they could still cancel the order....
  • redvision wrote:

Only one way to find out! :)
    Here's hoping someone isn't using theirs.
    Thanks
    p
  • pmwhelan wrote:
    redvision wrote:

Thanks
    p

Stop begging and pay £20 for BC membership
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • pmwhelan wrote:
    redvision wrote:

Thanks
    p

I'm from Ireland.
  • redvision wrote:

really torn by these. I used to have them, and love them. They would be an upgrade on my Quattro as lighter. B

But they aren't as wide. I don't know, necessarily that I will notice any difference, or care.

Hmmm.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • redvision wrote:

really torn by these. I used to have them, and love them. They would be an upgrade on my Quattro as lighter. B

But they aren't as wide. I don't know, necessarily that I will notice any difference, or care.

Hmmm.

You can get Campagnolo Zonda wheelset for only £20 more from probikekit.co.uk they look better and are less the spoke pattern the same wheel.
  • redvision

Hmmm.

I have the quattros and absolutely love them. I am about to trade my Roval Rapide CLX for the Quattro Carbon, thats how much i rate them. But with the BC discount code i have paid just £269 for the 3's which was just too good to miss and will make another excellent set of training wheels.
  • Good spot on the zonda. Now to fire up a new email address....
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    I got Fulcrum 3s a few weeks ago and was also worried about the narrow rim, coming from a set of Pro-Lite A21s. I needn't have worried it turns out, I certainly can't tell a great deal of difference on a set of GP Four Seasons 25c.
  • pmwhelan wrote:

I'm from Ireland.
    I'm not from Ireland and have no intention of ever doing a triathlon but have been a member of the Triathlon Ireland in the past to partake of a members offer.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,608
    You need to be logged in to crc to use your personal discount code. You are not able to gift one to a friend as far as I am aware, and members get one code, I would assume unique, to use each calendar month.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Daniel B wrote:
    You need to be logged in to crc to use your personal discount code. You are not able to gift one to a friend as far as I am aware, and members get one code, I would assume unique, to use each calendar month.

I've used team mates BC codes when I'd already used up my monthly code.

You can have my code - I have no intention of buying anything from CRC.
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    pmwhelan wrote:
    redvision wrote:

Thanks
    p

It’s free to join
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,623
    solboy10 wrote:
    pmwhelan wrote:
    redvision wrote:

Thanks
    p

It’s free to join

Are you sure?
  • redvision
    solboy10 wrote:

It’s free to join

Er...it isn't: https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/membership
  • bmxboy10
    redvision wrote:
    solboy10 wrote:

It’s free to join

Er...it isn't: https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/membership
    I have been a member for 5 months and not paid anything
  • bmxboy10
    Just looked and Bronze membership is free still.
  • .....Bronze membership is free for a year for members of affiliated clubs.
  • bmxboy10
    Solstice21 wrote:
    .....Bronze membership is free for a year for members of affiliated clubs.
    I just put down a local club name even though I am not a paid up member and it was all good. BC can’t do enough to help. Sometimes I even call them to ask for another discount code and they are normally happy issue me another.
  • ok for getting cheeky shop discounts, no good if you intend to race for your club.
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    I wouldnt rely on the legal assistance if you need it if you have a fraudulent membership.

Really, I recommend ride membership to anyone who rides a bike - twenty odd quid and I got twenty grand back plus physio and shoulder operations paid for etc when I was knocked off my bike thanks to their lawyers. Well worth it!
  • apreading wrote:
    I wouldnt rely on the legal assistance if you need it if you have a fraudulent membership.

Really, I recommend ride membership to anyone who rides a bike - twenty odd quid and I got twenty grand back plus physio and shoulder operations paid for etc when I was knocked off my bike thanks to their lawyers. Well worth it!

No legal cover with Race Bronze. That's good to know that the Ride legal cover comes good when needed though!
  • Daniel B wrote:

I've used team mates BC codes when I'd already used up my monthly code.

You can have my code - I have no intention of buying anything from CRC.

Many thanks.
    PM sent.