Can't decide between these!

MTBerSurrey
MTBerSurrey Posts: 52
edited November 2017 in MTB buying advice
Hi All.

First full suss waiting to be ordered...

Am between these 2 as they work in terms of budget, bang for buck and riding I want to do (Mostly trail with some Enduro).

Anyone have any thought on these or have one?

https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Cube-Stereo-14 ... _97755.htm

https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Specialized-En ... _98715.htm

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    To be honest I wouldn't have either.
    The Bird Aeris 145 is much better value and a better bike at this price.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    What he said.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • To be honest I wouldn't have either.
    The Bird Aeris 145 is much better value and a better bike at this price.

Thanks for the reply. I would love a Bird but would likely finance the bike so hence looking at Tredz. Hence posting the above two.

Out of interest, what makes you say that the Bird is better value? Its more expensive than both attached and that for the NX version (Have a NX and its not great at all). Also minus a dropper post and a lesser front fork. I appreciate there are some better components but I fail to see the better value. Well, at least that is what I see but may be missing something?
  • JGTR
    JGTR Posts: 1,404
    Having ridden the Bird, I wouldn’t say it is a better bike, it’s reasonably heavy and needs to be ridden fast to get the most out of it....great fun but not as suited to enduro as the 2 you have listed.
  • Last years Cube Stereo 140 has dated geometry, Cube know this as the 2018 version has a brand new frame, longer, lower slacker, to bring it in-line with modern geometry.
  • doomanic
    doomanic Posts: 238
    How about THIS?
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Giant Trance 2 2017 for less than £1,700?
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009