Getting back into MTB

Kerr1992
Kerr1992 Posts: 4
edited November 2017 in MTB buying advice
Hey folks,

I moved over to road cycling after having a nasty crash racing XC. However, a couple of years ago we got our Springer spaniel and I don't get much chance to take road cycling seriously.

I'm now looking at getting back into MTB for fun and hopefully training my dog to run with me when I ride. I'm not sure what type of bike to look for. I don't want to spend a fortune but still want something that looks good and performs relatively well. I'm not going to be doing any big drops or jumps but I do like some technical riding. It will be used a lot at trail centres but I also enjoy exploring etc.

I'm not sure whether to go full suss or hardtail, ive even considered a fatbike which would allow me to ride in all weathers and take the dog to the beach etc. I've been having a look at the Calibre Bossnut which gets some good reviews and is only £999. I also like the look of the On one fatty.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? It's probably more a trail bike with slacker geometry than a XC racer but at the same time an AM bike would be overkill lol.

Thanks,
Craig

Comments