RIP - Malcolm Young AC/DC

mr_goo
mr_goo Posts: 3,770
edited November 2017 in The cake stop
Very sad but inevitable news today of the passing of Malcolm Young. Only 64 with his last few years spent in decline with dementia. A sad way to go for anyone.
I was very fortunate to have seen him in AC/DC when they did the Back in Black tour. Such a talented rhythm guitarist.
Poor old Angus has lost both his brothers in the space of a few weeks.
Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.

Comments

• Sad news' and no age at all. Loved his way of hanging at the back, keeping up that steady rhythm, then stepping forward and smashing it. RIP.
    Now playing "Let There Be Rock" which is about as good as it gets :twisted:
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    I've been watching a bit of the River Plate gig on YouTube. Gotta be one of the best rock concerts ever.
    Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap and Thunderstruck, both superb. Then there's Whole Lotta Rosie which is just pure rockin' greatness.
    So many of their tracks feature in movies which goes to prove how good they are.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • eric_draven
    eric_draven Posts: 1,192
    edited December 2017
    One of if not the best rhythm guitarist,my older brother gave me his copy of Back in Black to listen to when I was about 11 or 12 years old,1st time I heard it i loved it,got to see the at Donnington in 91 and Wembley on the black ice tour,gave my ticket up for last year when Brian Johnson pulled out

For Those About to Rock will be getting played out later

A few years back on BBC4 they played one of their gigs from 1976 at Brighton Uni,if you get the chance to see it do it's fantastic
    This was at Colchester Uni part of the Rock Goes to Collage series there is one for Tom Petty as well
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,924
    Mr Goo wrote:
    I've been watching a bit of the River Plate gig on YouTube. Gotta be one of the best rock concerts ever.
    Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap and Thunderstruck, both superb. Then there's Whole Lotta Rosie which is just pure rockin' greatness.
    So many of their tracks feature in movies which goes to prove how good they are.

The River Plate just blows me away... great band... so sorry to see Malcolm finally pass away.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Mr Goo wrote:

The crowd at River Plate are awesome.
    That, my friends, is a rock crowd.
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    AC/DC will always be one of the great live bands, saw them at the unforgiving acoustic hellhlole that is Wembley Arena in 87/88 and they were, frankly, sensational!!

Malcolm played a full part in that great sound, RIP.
  • I watch their performance at the River Plate. It's all on YT. Love the atmosphere generated by them. The crowd is just a brilliant reflection on their style of music.

A friend of mine bought a new surround sound system a fair few years ago and AC/DC were played. We were just speechless at the sounds we were listening too.

Sad news indeed.