Randonneur 500

cld531c
cld531c Posts: 517
Hi, this may be a daft question but to qualify for the Randonneur 500 do you need to do the rides in ascending order of distance?

The website says 'the award was introduced by AUK in 1996 and consists of the series 50km, 100km, 150km, 200km BR(M), all completed in the same Randonneur year. You can substitute longer distances for shorter, but only rides up to and including 200km may be used and you must ride at least 4 events' which suggests not but the handbook says ' By riding Populaire events of 50, 100 and 150km then going on to a 200km at Randonneur speed (ie, 200km or 125 miles in a maximum time of around 13½ hours), all in one season, you can become a Randonneur 500 which to to me says something completely different and at the very least suggests the 200km should be completed after the other three.

Also, do you need to be a member of Audax UK to claim?

Thanks

Comments

• You need to be AUK member to make ANY claim.

Order doesn't matter and you can replace any distance with a longer one... e.g. you don't need to waste your time doing a "50", you can do another 100 instead. Equally, you can replace a 150 with a 200 if you can't find a 150 near you.
    You can also use "permanent" events, as well as the calendar ones

Good luck!
    left the forum March 2023
  • cld531c
    Cheers
    Do events pre-membership count?
    Got my 100 and 150 badges (sad, i know) so was going to do the 50 anyway so I can get a full set :-)
  • You might be able to get your old rides counted if you join... however it's probably of no use as you need to complete the rides within the AUK calendar year, which runs from October 1st to September 30th
    left the forum March 2023
  • cld531c
    You might be able to get your old rides counted if you join... however it's probably of no use as you need to complete the rides within the AUK calendar year, which runs from October 1st to September 30th

Thanks, the 150 was last Sunday so they may let me sneak that one in!