Campagnolo potenza to eps?

baz69
baz69 Posts: 94
edited November 2017 in Workshop
Hi all,can someone tell me is there an eps upgrade kit available for the campagnolo potenza
It's the latest 11sp short cage version,if not a kit which parts are needed to take to electronic shifting.

Comments

• The chainset and brakes you can keep. Everything else will need replaced.
  • baz69
    Great thanks,do you know if it can be upgraded by using the chorus v2 eps gear kit,merlin have them ,tried to contact them but no joy ,contacted wiggle and they guided me to a full record groupset ,just about to pull the pin on a new bike with the new potenza groupset short cage but want to go electronic shifting ,but don't want to spend a fortune upgrading .
  • As long as the seat tube can take the internal battery you should be OK. However - is this new bike mechanical/electronic adaptable? What bike is it?

If it's not then you may have to get holes drilled in your new frame to take the charging port as well as gear cable ports wide enough to fit the connection points.

Essentially - if it's not an electronic adaptable frame do you really want to go drilling holes? You can say goodbye to your warranty if you do.
  • baz69
    Yeah it's bianchi infinito cv potenza ,electronic compatible.was hoping I could use the upgrade kit from merlin ,if so great
  • Then as far as ports and post are concerned you're good to go. One thing I'm not sure about myself though - the bike is band-on for the front mech. There's an EPS/mechanical band available - but I'm not sure if that's just the standard band or if there's also a mechanical specific one. The amount of force that the front mech generates is meant to be huge!
  • Oh and great bike choice :-)