Android training app that can Chromecast to tv

jimmythecuckoo
jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
Hi all,

My pc Ant+ dongle has expired so I was wondering if there is an app on android for training that I could cast from my phone on to the T.V.

Any advice gratefully received.

Comments

• redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    Hi all,

My pc Ant+ dongle has expired so I was wondering if there is an app on android for training that I could cast from my phone on to the T.V.

If you have a Chromecast you can cast your phone screen.
  • Yeah that works with Youtube, so maybe my question should be re-phrased to what is the best android training app please?
  • Hi all,

How has it managed to expire? these things usually bomb proof
  • johand
    johand Posts: 16
    Trainerroad perhaps
  • Yeah that works with Youtube, so maybe my question should be re-phrased to what is the best android training app please?

Not relevant to your question, but YouTube has a chromecast app, so you'd get better results with youtube by casting youtube, rather than casting your screen.
  • navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,844
    I use trainer road on a tablet and, at the same time, cast YouTube to the TV. Once when the tablet battery was dead I had to use my phone and the TR screen on a mobile was perfectly acceptable meaning I could continue to cast YouTube to the TV.

I have a tablet mount on the bars so the mobile/tablet screen is in a comfortable place to watch whilst the TV requires me to lift my head.
  • shiznit76 wrote:
    Hi all,

How has it managed to expire? these things usually bomb proof
    Kids...
  • Ditch the telly. Vr headset.......
  • navrig2
    Ditch the telly. Vr headset.......

Are they moisture proof? Probably need to be IP65 or 68 rated.
  • Navrig2 wrote:

Don't be daft, you just stick some cameras on the bike and pay someone else to ride it while you lie back and enjoy the experience. Isn't that what all this indoor virtual training is about?
    Surely if it was about riding a bike you just mtfu and ride it.
  • navrig2
    Navrig2 wrote:

Don't be daft, you just stick some cameras on the bike and pay someone else to ride it while you lie back and enjoy the experience. Isn't that what all this indoor virtual training is about?
    Surely if it was about riding a bike you just mtfu and ride it.

:lol:

:twisted:
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    ... and not a trace of irony
  • I do have some old bar cam footage... but its not's that interesting after four winters of watching !