what's going on with the blizzard of pharmaceutical spam?

keef66
keef66 Posts: 13,123
And who in their right mind buys pills from a bogus cycling forum user??

Please make it stop!!

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Report the posts and poor Josh Evans will clean it up. AFAIK he's the only poor bugger who can do it, and is alone against the world of spam.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    keef66 wrote:
    And who in their right mind buys pills from a bogus cycling forum user??

I do. And who in this bogus forum is in their right mind?
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    cooldad wrote:
    Report the posts and poor Josh Evans will clean it up. AFAIK he's the only poor bugger who can do it, and is alone against the world of spam.
    Yes, that sums it up. Please use the report button and don't reply to the posts.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Would now be a good time to remind the management of the suggestion I made six months ago?
    Imposter wrote:
    The answer is simple enough - just put all new users (with less than 5 posts, for example) into a moderation queue. That way, a moderator gets to review/approve all posts from new users before they appear on the forum. It will also mean that any identifiable spam posts get deleted/banned before they go live on the forums.
  • ryan_w-2
    ryan_w-2 Posts: 1,162
    Imposter wrote:
    Would now be a good time to remind the management of the suggestion I made six months ago?
    Imposter wrote:
    The answer is simple enough - just put all new users (with less than 5 posts, for example) into a moderation queue. That way, a moderator gets to review/approve all posts from new users before they appear on the forum. It will also mean that any identifiable spam posts get deleted/banned before they go live on the forums.

This.
    Specialized Allez Sprint Disc --- Specialized S-Works SL7

IG: RhinosWorkshop
  • Or, even better, update this antiquated board software.

Look at Xenforo (https://xenforo.com) - it is light years ahead in terms of functionality, and has superb moderation tools that can stop spambots before it even gets to the board.