2»

Comments

• bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Orkneylad wrote:
    bompington wrote:
    Orkneylad wrote:
    bompington wrote:
    Here in (only slightly north-)eastern Scotland - where the October temperature stats are pretty similar to the Northern Isles - I still haven't seen my longs since about March...

... just saying ;-)

Good for you, personally I LONG for some Black Isle weather. You should also factor in the Westerlies coming in off the Atlantic, with the associated wind chill etc. You Southern numpties have it way too good. :wink:
    Try comparing this (-2 point something for those who can't be bothered to click) to the 6° or so you northern softies have basked in this week...

That -2.4C is the night-time low, the daytime high of 14C would indeed be shorts weather. And look at that wind! I can but dream of days like that. :D
    Dig a bit and you'll see that, as you'd expect on frosty nights (twice as common round here as in Orkney BTW ;-)) the minimum temp occurs at around morning commute time.

Anyway, enough of that nonsense, we'll confuse all the soft southerners who think that Scotland is one homogeneous lump, like Trumpites who think that Africa is one country.

If you can't get your feet warm with neoprene overshoes and decent socks, my best guess is that your shoes are too tight. Or you're not working hard enough, one or the other.
  • Granted, those morning commute temps do look rather grim.
    Brass monkeys this morning but feet were much better today, double socks, Mylar wrap & overshoes, loosened the shoes a tad.....definitely better.

Thanks for all the advice peeps! :D