Deciding when to stop ............

proto
proto Posts: 1,483
edited October 2017 in Pro race
Friend of my daughter made a film about her decision to step down from top level racing. Nicely done I thought.

https://vimeo.com/236411161

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,646
    good piece. interesting to see this side of things. doesn't get enough coverage and it relates to more participants in the sport than following top guys.
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,719
    Interesting, how much would she be paid though, would it just be kit and expenses? I've got to admit I can't remember having heard of her.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    Interesting, how much would she be paid though, would it just be kit and expenses? I've got to admit I can't remember having heard of her.

I swear to god she has been on the odd club ride ...... there is a Rose that looks just Like her in the occasional Das Rad Klub rides .... is she Bristol Based ?

Iedit: I am sure of it infact, I recognise the Aqua/turquoise Trek as Well
  • proto
    proto Posts: 1,483
    Yep, that'll be her, Bristol based.
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368

from what Id read in the cycling press, Drops were also supporting their riders this last season with some kind of financial wage,I dont think it was just kit & expenses, as that was something Drops been keen to do from when they started up

it maybe wasnt a pro rider style living wage, but it was supposed to be one level up from alot of womens teams out there to allow their riders to train and ride for them full time,and thats not to disparage towards the smaller UK domestic teams, there are plenty of bigger name UCI pro teams who still dont pay all their riders anything beyond just kit and travel expenses.

but yeah its a very interesting video, not a side you see that often.what stage to decide to stop and do something else,and thats the thing what is the career path for a pro woman road cyclist.