Joshua vs Wilder vs Fury

mfin
mfin Posts: 6,729
edited October 2017 in The cake stop
Well, not some pervy threesome, but what do people think about his chances after the last few Joshua fights and the Takam effort last night?

Will Joshua sort the stamina dip, or is that a disservice and it is heavyweight boxing after all?

(Could bring Pulev into the equation too).

Comments

• de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    To whom do you refer when you said "His chances"? Your post didn't make it clear.
  • mfin
    Sorry, Joshua.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,736
    Got to be doubtful Fury will get back to the fighter he was - purely on those grounds I can't see him beating Joshua.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    It's a disservice. He won every round bar one against, as well as causing a lot of damage to, an opponent that caused Joseph Parker a lot of problems in their 12 rounds. He's 20 fights into a pro career. His big problem is that he likes a tear up and in that division it's a very dangerous strategy as one big punch could cause him a problem (see Klitschko!) but the Takam performance was much more measured, despite the crowd baying for blood. He's a proper boxer.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • mfin
    I don't think many people can see Fury getting back to his best and the clock's ticking. As far as Wilder goes, I think it depends which mindset he turns up in, if he tries to engage his brain and box, he'll lose, if he doesn't then of course the right hand is dangerous, and will always be a realistic lottery ticket.

I'm not convinced by Joshua, I think he was lucky against Klitschko, he dipped in the middle rounds and for about three of them he was playing roulette in that he was there for the taking. The same dip albeit lesser was there to see against Takam.

The positive for Joshua is he's not daft and should be able to learn more and fast, and Takam was not the fighter he prepared for so he did well.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Takam wasn't the fighter that he'd prepared for but Takam had spent 10 weeks in camp preparing for him!

You think he was lucky against Klitschko despite Wlad saying he couldn't have done any more? That's good boxing in my book. It was obvious (I was there) that he'd taken a couple of rounds off but he managed Wlad very well indeed before then stepping it back up - as I said, excellent boxing. I'm sure you'll be back to remind me that WK was 41 years old.....

I think you're understimating Joshua.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • john80
    john80 Posts: 2,965
    I think I will stay out of the ring with all of them. It would be very embarrassing to get knocked out mid poop to a global audience after manically running round the ring to evade him for probably about 3 seconds. Anthony Joshua looks proper hard and I like the lack of trash talk.
  • mfin
    Takam wasn't the fighter that he'd prepared for but Takam had spent 10 weeks in camp preparing for him!

You think he was lucky against Klitschko despite Wlad saying he couldn't have done any more? That's good boxing in my book. It was obvious (I was there) that he'd taken a couple of rounds off but he managed Wlad very well indeed before then stepping it back up - as I said, excellent boxing. I'm sure you'll be back to remind me that WK was 41 years old.....

I think you're understimating Joshua.

I've got no emotional investment in Joshua either way.

When I say lucky against Klitschko I was only saying he was there for the taking he was barely defending himself for a while and it was a lottery as to whether a K punch would take him out in those rounds. You saw it as him taking a couple of rounds off and managing K, I didn't see it that way in those rounds.