tuesday with spooky action at a distance

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,433
edited October 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym cafe wfh

later i shall drive stakes through the hearts of blood-suckers, get ready for many by-elections, some parties will cease to exist
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Good morning, a miserable and wet start to the day , it looks like I might be working again next week, I wonder what they will be offering .
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    WFH for the first time in ages means no commuting. Should really go for a run, but I'm lacking motivation

Later will be knocking on people's doors for suger based product - how odd
  • sungod
    staff at the gym were resplendent in halloween costume for a charity fundraiser, the lady vampire at receiption can bite my neck anytime

off to the cafe, i feel the need, the need for toast
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    sungod wrote:
    off to the cafe, i feel the need, the need for toast

With bacon obviously
  • sungod
    it was marmalade, but now that you've mentioned bacon that may feature later on
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    sungod wrote:
    the lady vampire at receiption can bite my neck anytime
    You know the rules. :mrgreen:

Morning folks,
    Bit warmer than yesterday but I had to drive in as it's the girl's parents evening at school later so need to pick the Mrs up and get over there for 4pm. Not exactly evening is it. Went round to my folks last night after work as the old man is home. Mum was happy to have him back so she could start fussing around him, his hearing had already returned to it's normal selective state. Good to see a bit of normality return.
    Company is buying cakes and nibbles today as it's Halloween. Not convinced, but cake...
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Veronese68 wrote:
    his hearing had already returned to it's normal selective state.
    :lol: I have that, and I'm only 43!
  • hopkinb
    sungod wrote:
    it was marmalade

The aristocrat of toast toppers. A nice bitter-sweet thick cut? Or the (in my opinion at least) déclassé Golden Shred? My brother makes his own when the Seville oranges come into season, and always sends a jar or two my way.

I had strawberry jam on my toast this morning.

I failed to cure my cold by pedalling so I was going to malinger at home today, but then I remembered that the cleaner comes today, and then there's bl00dy Halloween later, so I decided to ride in and hack, sneeze, sniff and splutter over my colleagues instead. They seem delighted by my decision, but if I can ride in, touch 50 kph on 2 or 3 little digs and get my heart rate up to 161 bpm without falling off the bike, I'm not actually ill.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, was told it was dress down at work, so I did, turns out its fancy dress down so I raided the boot came back in full downhill gear, when asked what I've come as, I said an angry cyclist an threatened to nut them. Its hard drinking coffee with a full face lid on.
  • Still suffering from a 6am arrival home from a Halloween party on Saturday night/Sunday morning.

Carpets are going down in the current PPs today and hopefully we'll have some tenants on the cards by weekend.

Early start again tomorrow but the 2 hours on a train should be fairly pain free.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    TLW1 wrote:
    Later will be knocking on people's doors for suger based product - how odd
    Funny you should mention that, I dug out some manky packets of Haribos from old Wiggle deliveries to hand out to the irritating snot noses who come knocking on the door tonight. I also have some dog treats on standby in case we run out of Haribos :twisted:

Apart from that it's more work fun that only Hoppy can appreciate, plus occasionally swinging my arms around to try fix my knackered shoulder.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Have just got back from the bank after moving my mortgage from one to another.

Bugger me that was boring. Nearly fell asleep at one point. The dude really, really can't enjoy doing that - probably up there with the three most boring jobs in the world. Even TDV just shook her head slowly when he went out to get some printing.

Tips of the day though for anyone who does want a client facing role: don't call me by an abbreviated version of my first name first time we meet - in fact don't call me by my first name until I invite you to. Secondly - if you can't present me with a proper cup for the coffee you are bringing me then don't bother - I don't do paper cups when someone is shooting at me so why should I in a bank. Thirdly - black coffee doesn't have milk in it.

Apartfrom that - am cold so going for a curry.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    I also went out on my plastic bicycle in just Lusso race bibs and short sleeved perfecto - chilly, leg and arm warmers would have made it perfect.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    I also went out on my plastic bicycle in just Lusso race bibs and short sleeved perfecto - chilly, leg and arm warmers would have made it perfect.
    It's just starting to be Alpha jersey weather, and will stay that way until March with varying amounts of baselayer.
  • Have just got back from the bank after moving my mortgage from one to another.

Bugger me that was boring. Nearly fell asleep at one point. The dude really, really can't enjoy doing that - probably up there with the three most boring jobs in the world. Even TDV just shook her head slowly when he went out to get some printing.

Tips of the day though for anyone who does want a client facing role: don't call me by an abbreviated version of my first name first time we meet - in fact don't call me by my first name until I invite you to. Secondly - if you can't present me with a proper cup for the coffee you are bringing me then don't bother - I don't do paper cups when someone is shooting at me so why should I in a bank. Thirdly - black coffee doesn't have milk in it.

Cool story Matthewfalle
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Matthewfalle
    Thanks SS - knew you would appreciate it. Always good to get your approval.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Have just got back from the bank after moving my mortgage from one to another.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Me worked more me. :roll:

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!