Bianchi Alu Vs Specialized Carbon

Fritz_Frigursson
Fritz_Frigursson Posts: 19
edited October 2017 in Road buying advice
So continuing the B'Twin vs Bianchi post from a day ago, I found this cool deal at my LBS. It's a 2017 Specialized Tarmac SL4 Sport (really cool orange paintjob) for 1400 euros. Shimano 105 (partial) and carbon frame. Overall a great bike I think. Would this be better than a 1240 euro Bianchi Impulso 105? I think this is a really tough choice since they're both big brands and have to decide between traditional alu vs modern carbon. Not to mention the awesome paint schemes on both bikes and their brands.

Comments

• drhaggis
    drhaggis Posts: 1,150
    Since both are at your LBS, why don't you go ride them both? It's very likely the rides will be different. The spesh looks great in orange, BTW.
  • DrHaggis wrote:
    Since both are at your LBS, why don't you go ride them both? It's very likely the rides will be different. The spesh looks great in orange, BTW.

This. You'll know within seconds which is the right one for you.
  • yiannism
    yiannism Posts: 345
    Go for the Specialized, and i am a Bianchi owner. Keep in mind that Bianchi is more of an endurance bike that makes it more comfortable the other one is on the racing side. Its an other decisive factor
  • shiznit76
    shiznit76 Posts: 640
    Like others have said, the Specialized will be a more "aggressive" position. Check also gearing, the Spec may have a more race/speed ratio rather than the Bianchi's more endurance set up