Favero Assioma

pippi_langsamer-2
pippi_langsamer-2 Posts: 1,470
edited October 2017 in Road buying advice
I’ve read favourable reviews of the new Favero Assioma (dual), pedal based meters, and may be swinging towards this option over a crank based option.

Other than the electronic metrics involved, does anyone have any idea what the actual pedals are like themselves? I know they require (preferably), their own Keo’ish style of plate, but how well are the actual bodies made? I do like the fact that they appear to stock a wide variety of spares- crash damage would be one of my concerns with such a system.

Am I also right in thinking if I were to buy the dual system, I could effectively buy another “dummy”, pair of pedals from Favero and have two separate power meters on separate bikes?

Comments

• term1te
    term1te Posts: 1,462
    My understanding is that the right pedal talks to the left, and the left talks to the head unit. So you need either a left on its own, or a right and a left. A right on its own won't work, but I could be wrong.
  • Term1te wrote:
    My understanding is that the right pedal talks to the left, and the left talks to the head unit. So you need either a left on its own, or a right and a left. A right on its own won't work, but I could be wrong.

Ah, I see. That could make sense. I'd most likely be using as a dual system anyway, but it was just an additional thought...