canyon road bike advice

Faik
Faik Posts: 6
edited November 2017 in Road buying advice
hello to everyone.ı'm gonna buy a road bike from canyon but it is hard to decide.I selected 2 models for my budget.
1.Canyon ultimate cf sl 7.0: this bike have 105 set and mavic aksium wheels and the price is 1600€.
2.Canyon ultimate cf sl 8.0:this bike have ultegra r800 groupset and dtswiss pr 1600 wheels and the price is 2200€.
Anyway ı have campagnolo zonda wheelset so wheelset is not important for me because ım gonna put the zonda's.
My question is 600€ is worth for groupset and wheels ?? what should ı choose.If ı buy the 8.0 ım gonna sell the dtwsiss.
Or any bike advices 0-2200€. Sorry for my bad english :(

Comments

• in my personal opinion, groupset is the last part i want to be good in my bike. i will put more attention to wheels and frame.

i never ride canyon personally, but my friend has the ultimate AL SLX 8. same price as CF SL 7 with better wheels and gs. and he said canyon alloy frame is good
  • I bought an Ultimate SL 7 in June. Stuck an old set of Zondas on and sold Aksiums for £100. Difference depends on what you're coming from...

I swapped from aluminium Allez with 10 speed Ultegra. Canyon 2-3kg lighter and amazing to ride. 105 no noticeable differences except I prefer 6700 brakes. I will upgrade the drivetrain when parts need replacing but don't regret buying the SL 7.
    Summer: Canyon Ultimate CF SL 2019
    Winter/Commuter: Planet X RT-58 6700
    Dead: Specialized Allez Elite 2009
  • grenw
    grenw Posts: 803
    If you don't need the wheels then I'd be going for the cheaper one. Not much of a step up from 105 to Ultegra, perhaps a little weight.
  • dannbodge
    dannbodge Posts: 1,152
    The front mech shifting is much better on ultegra too.
  • Faik
    Faik Posts: 6
    thank you to all for your replies ı'm gonna think this.