sunday in the zero-point field

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,436
edited October 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

visited in my dreams by the great spirit of the sioux, it said "ride long sungod, visit many cafes, eat cake", how could i argue

after which i shall prepare us a vlaamse stoverij influenced dish for evening scoff
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Off for the final reliability ride of the season, also happens to be the first one I've done this year!

Fitting in some extra miles by driving to the event and then cycling to my old hood to meet up with the old club

Then off to look at some puppies, the wrong type unfortunately
  • Nice solo ride this morning. Still stopped for coffee and cake of course, although the mid-ride cafe banter wasn't quite up to it's usual standard as it was just me mumbling to myself as I devoured my muffin. A good ride and glad to feel some form coming back after finishing the Zwift Academy.

TLW1 wrote:
    LOL!
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning lads, winter is upon us, colder and bloody windy again I hope the wind drops by 9 am, out for lunch today which will be nice
    Have a good day
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    bit of a damp walk with TDV and das Hund but good to talk about work stuff that happened yesterday and to get off chest - my problem is that I tend to keep stuff bottled down.

now just drinking coffee, will fit winter deep rims to crit bike, haircut, shower, out for lunch.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Painted the front door. Twice. Needs at least another coat. Meh.

Summer-ish, so a decent swim was had at least. However I have a literal (and particularly persistent) pain in the neck which has lasted a few days now. My mother is visiting. Coincidence? I think not... :lol:

Sort of thing a chiropractor could probably fix with a quick twisty crack, except they won't touch mine any more. So, back to physio tomorrow for the slower and more painful treatment. Forecast is 35 deg then thunderstorms. Yippee.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    TLW1 wrote:
    What breed?

Currently sat on the sofa next to the hound and relaxing until Strifey and Stropteen get back. The shoulder feels better than yesterday which is good news, but may take a while to fix as its still prett painful. May get back on the roadie later in the week if things go well.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    sungod wrote:
    'ning

visited in my dreams by the great spirit of the sioux, it said "ride long sungod, visit many cafes, eat cake"...

'Hemawihio' - the soul, according to Sioux mythology that sends the messages in the wind. Now, if you're downwind of VN on a Thursday, it's probably far less mythical.

Glorious day. Unfortunately I have the toots to look after. My dyslexic OH could not be convinced of the merits if putting the clock on her mobile back before bedtime. Said she had set the alarm for 6.10am.
    Tried in vain to convince her that she would be going to work 2 hours early and if she was going to do that, set it for 8.10am but to no avail. However, she countered my argument that there would be automatic time updates in the night. So as long as the time updates went through, set it for 7.10 am as normal. So she did.
    Her alarm went off at 6am :roll:

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Spent the morning feeling sorry for myself as I over indulged last night, waste of such a stunning day really. It’s cold so I put the fire on, new door seal seems to work well but it won’t burn slowly, I think the vents underneath aren’t sealing properly.

Went for a walk with the pup and gf then tried to do some chain sawing but starting the thing gave me a headache so I came in again to feel sad
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Some manky eye infections occurring in my left eye so not much going on today. Did sort the wheels out after cleaning the airbrush out.

37982813352_6c83819500_b.jpg

38013401321_198e607907_b.jpg

Looks near enough black out of the light but the right angle this happens 8) Yeah its a bit blingy but its fun.

38013384431_3e127fa2e4_b.jpg
  • Matthewfalle
    watching the A Team.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • winter is upon us,

That would mean Spring is less than 3 months away.....
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • pinno
    Step83 wrote:
    Some manky eye infections occurring in my left eye so not much going on today. Did sort the wheels out after cleaning the airbrush out.

37982813352_6c83819500_b.jpg

38013401321_198e607907_b.jpg

Looks near enough black out of the light but the right angle this happens 8) Yeah its a bit blingy but its fun.

38013384431_3e127fa2e4_b.jpg

Looked great till I saw the gold flick. That eye infection must be bad.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    [My dyslexic OH could not be convinced of the merits if putting the clock on her mobile back before bedtime. Said she had set the alarm for 6.10am.
    Tried in vain to convince her that she would be going to work 2 hours early and if she was going to do that, set it for 8.10am but to no avail. However, she countered my argument that there would be automatic time updates in the night. So as long as the time updates went through, set it for 7.10 am as normal. So she did.

Not sure how that happened - every mobile and tablet in our household automatically updated to the new time overnight? My digital watch, which is meant to get its time checks off the 'atomic clock' in Rugby, didn't update :roll:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,436
    digital?
    Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun. Orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-two million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea.

get a mechanical one you loon
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    sungod wrote:
    digital?
    Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun. Orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-two million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea.

I know those words well...

I have a few that were manufactured in a well known European tax haven, but tend to wear my Casio Pro-Trek day to day.
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    digital?

I have a few that were manufactured in a well known European tax haven, but tend to wear my Casio Pro-Trek day to day.

what - Guernsey?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    [My dyslexic OH could not be convinced of the merits if putting the clock on her mobile back before bedtime. Said she had set the alarm for 6.10am.

Not sure how that happened - every mobile and tablet in our household automatically updated to the new time overnight? My digital watch, which is meant to get its time checks off the 'atomic clock' in Rugby, didn't update :roll:

Everything updated bar the clock on the bell tower bit, which means I need to get the ladder out on the full extension to change the battery - radio controlled clock my ferkin arse
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    What breed?

Spinger - gun dog special

Though saying that, we didn't go in the end as they were busy
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    digital?

The time in Andorra is currently 20.58. That explains it. Obviously, the BR server must have been made there too.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    I take the ferkin tube one ferkin day last week and I'm lifting with ferkin cold virus. Bassards. Don't even feel like a hot honey and lemon heavily laced with rum. Maybe a 6 degree ride in the morning will make it all better. Indubitably.
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    I take the ferkin tube one ferkin day last week and I'm lifting with ferkin cold virus. Bassards. Don't even feel like a hot honey and lemon heavily laced with rum. Maybe a 6 degree ride in the morning will make it all better. Indubitably.

Nothing to do with hanging around with nearly teens till late then?
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Nah, too soon. Might have been why I was so misanthropic yesterday. This is down to twankering on Thursday morning.
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Nah, too soon. Might have been why I was so misanthropic yesterday. This is down to twankering on Thursday morning.

You would have to odd tendencies to feel anything but misanthropy given the circumstances.
  • pinno
    Anyway, Blue Planet 2 is on 'time slip'. Maybe the BR server and Stevo's watch are too.
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:
    Anyway, Blue Planet 2 is on 'time slip'. Maybe the BR server and Stevo's watch are too.

Ooh, is that tonight? Blue planet that is. Lemme find the remote.
  • tlw1
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

No blue planet here, pub followed by f1
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

f1

Yawn.