friday you fly, become invisible, your car disappears, you are able to understand the speech of anim

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,432
edited October 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

cafe, wfh, maybe nip out for a few laps of the park, finish off the wfh with yet another timewaste webex, yawn

getting nippier out there
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, yes it is nippier outside Sungod, I have already walked the dog this morning nice clear skies so hopefully we will be in for some sunshine.
    Have a good day
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Need to dig out my winter gloves, it was a bit chilly this morning. It'll probably warm up again next week if I do.

Some guys are installing new bike racks in our car park. I think it's going to be fun when people start using them and nobody can get a car into the car park.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    3 degrees when I got to the office this morning, Luckily I drove in like usual. Nowhere to park as the chavs pretending to be posh shooting types have parked their old range rovers everywhere. The worst sort...
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Day off - so pub enjoyed last night and slow start. Done a little work, but not too much

Today is continued den making/football and general concentrating on the kids

Later is local fun
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    There is now a strong correlation between disco balls and demonic runes
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Donned the knee warmers, no need for full finger gloves just yet. Sluggish ride in though, maybe caused by not having any breakfast, which I must now remedy with pork, eggs and mushrooms.
  • phil485
    phil485 Posts: 364
    4th commute of the week. 15th birthday party at home last night so tired. Went ok till we found the bottle of Bacardi!!

Hide and do little until home time
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    McNing

Bright one today again and nippy also looks like we find out where were being shunted off to building wise today.
    Later I shall be cracking open a bottle of Bacardi golden rum, don't just it was free from a friend who gets them from a sponsor at work.
  • veronese68
    Bright and sunny out there now, dark and gloomy when I got here. Had to drive in as off to the hospital for big meeting with the quacks, hoping it's not too bad. Finding it rather difficult to concentrate on work at the moment. Maybe more tea and biscuits will help.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Phil485 wrote:
    4th commute of the week. 15th birthday party at home last night so tired. Went ok till we found the bottle of Bacardi!!

Does your Dad know you were drinking Bacardi? The yoof of today :roll:

What a glorious morning. Wall to wall blue sky. That's nearly 3 days it hasn't rained.

So what's the correlation between demonic runes and disco balls?!

Update later after pedalling.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    No idea, it was in this list and made me chuckle. Quite a few of those would make thread titles worthy of SG.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Pinno wrote:
    Does your Dad know you were drinking Bacardi? The yoof of today :roll:

Funny story that, not seen him since him since I was 7, so nearly 25 years ago :lol:

V68, tea an biscuits till later hopefully its all good news for you.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    No idea, it was in this list and made me chuckle. Quite a few of those would make thread titles worthy of SG.
    Some doozies in that list indeed. Should we start a new thread as a reverse caption competition? Winner is the best picture that illustrates the caption? :D

Did stuff all day. Is that sufficient detail? Now drinking and possibly playing cards soon.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Wheelspinner
    Oh, and hope your news today is good V68
  • sungod
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

many eons ago i was writing the programmer's manual for a signal processing system i developed, detailed documentation is not the fun part of development, the thing was about 4cm thick when printed, on the pages for a couple of the more esoteric functions, under the 'caveats' heading, i took the opportunity to slip in the immortal...
    you are not expected to understand this
  • Wheelspinner
    sungod wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

many eons ago i was writing the programmer's manual for a signal processing system i developed, detailed documentation is not the fun part of development, the thing was about 4cm thick when printed, on the pages for a couple of the more esoteric functions, under the 'caveats' heading, i took the opportunity to slip in the immortal...
    you are not expected to understand this
    Back in that previous epoch, there was an error message coded in SAP which the Germans had kindly translated to English. A neat little dialog box would appear:
    This should not happen

Mind you that was better than some of them, because they'd neglected to provide the translation at all, so your error message would simply be
    !
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Jobs done, errands fetched, inc new powered log splitter, fun beckons this weekend, home with several hours yet of sunshine still to come. Getting out there for some late season km.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    HaydenM wrote:
    Nowhere to park as the chavs pretending to be posh shooting types have parked their old range rovers everywhere. The worst sort...
    Agreed
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Phil485 wrote:

Little buggers. Where did they hide it?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

I liked that.

My mate who was in IT gave me 2 screen saver games. Very simple. One was called 'Cat splat'. What you had to do was first select speed from Slow > Medium > Fast and Smoking. Then click on this 'Pull' icon and a cat would go meeeeeow across the screen and you used the mouse to shoot it. If you hit the cat, it would make a funny sound. The 'meouw's' and the splat sounds were all different. The problem is, it was impossible to not to be any good at it for laughing.
    Game 2 was called 'Dingo's' and you had to shoot these Dingo's from the background to the foreground before they got too close and gave you Rabies.
  • pinno
    I found it, can some tech head tell me how to download it please?

https://archive.org/details/CatSPLAT_1020
  • sungod
    it appears that you can download a zipped version here...

https://archive.org/download/CatSPLAT_1020

however, i'd exercise extreme caution and paranoia downloading/installing files of unknown provenance, it can be a short trip to various worlds of pain, loss, and misery
  • pinno
    I downloaded it. Can't run it.

I scanned it with Norton and it's safe.
  • haydenm
    seanoconn wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    Nowhere to park as the chavs pretending to be posh shooting types have parked their old range rovers everywhere. The worst sort...
    Agreed

Really makes me wonder what the shoot regulars think when these guys turn up (presumably from England, the b*stards :wink: ).

I've had a fun day talking to some drone people about drones and trees. I like trees and drones.
  • pinno
    They are using drones to scan areas for de-forestation areas in Galloway Forest Park.
  • haydenm
    Pinno wrote:
    They are using drones to scan areas for de-forestation areas in Galloway Forest Park.

The Forestry Commision? Presumably they know which areas they have felled and are awaiting restocking. They might be using them to scan for Phytopthora ramorum which kills larch rather than deforestation in the traditional sense?
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    back in bournemouth. its sunny and nice and the well fit bird downstairs smiled at me.

my concussion and echymosis have gone down.

as a recommendation - if anyone is in Warminster I can 100% recommend the old fire station eaterie - brilliant service, delicious wood fire cooked pizzas, top beer.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Don't know about drones, but occasionally whilst out pedalling around the lanes I come across model aircraft enthusiasts. The control is quite superb.
    What would be amazing is if miniature weapons could be attached for 'dog fights'.
    THAT would be some hobby.
  • pinno
    HaydenM wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

The Forestry Commision? Presumably they know which areas they have felled and are awaiting restocking. They might be using them to scan for Phytopthora ramorum which kills larch rather than deforestation in the traditional sense?

I just caught the last few minutes of a 'Border lives' episode so not sure. Seemed to me they were just scanning difficult to access areas for the purpose of felling. No mention of diseases. Is that what they are being used for?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Today's plans changed when the current wife got up - had a decent hour on the bike then somehow talked into buying a new kitchen.

Now in town drowning my sorrrows