thursday my god—it's full of pineapple!

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,438
edited October 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, cafe, wfh

days of meh, waiting for various gmc punters of gmc punters of gmc to make their minds up, some clinging to obsolete ways of doing things, that'll turn out well for them, filling time with bingeing on learning new stuff
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, bit cooler here this morning, going for a ride, then I am afraid some gardening
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    its not raining .... yet I got to work soaked ... that fine mist stuff that above a walking pace turns to rain directly on you
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Off work for a couple of days, so did a v68 and enjoyed the pub last night :)

Today is daddy day care as the wife battles through her one day at work. Unfortunately one rugrat is off to a friends so I'm just left with one

Later is out for dinner with friends and their little people
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Mmmmm pineapple.

Morning, grey an cool here oddly quiet on the roads but not complaining.

Today will be mainly spend shirking responsibilities and spinning on my chair hopefully.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    Toots entertainment day today, down the road in the East of the region, through the sticks and passed the very inbred villages and hamlets. I'll see how many of them I can run over on the way which will improve the gene pool.

They said it was going to be sunny but It’s looking black over Bill’s mother’s.

Report later.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    rained last night but we were asleep.

going climbing later.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    TLW1 wrote:
    ... did a v68 and enjoyed the pub last night :)
    Wise move.

Morning folks,
    Been a busy start to the day which is unfortunate with the traditional Thursday morning hangover in evidence. good visit to the old man last night. He was up and about walking unaided when I got there and was free of the drip. He started the day with a fart, which whilst quite normal for some was groundbreaking for him in more ways than one. That seems to have got things moving and he was a lot more comfortable later in the day. Today he's been told he can eat solid food and might even be discharged for the weekend. Fingers crossed. Big meeting with the quacks tomorrow afternoon where we're expecting to find out a bit more, fingers very much crossed for that one.
    Managed to pedal in for the first time this week, it was dark and foggy but not too cold. Jumped out of my skin when a very large stag appeared out of the bracken right next to me. I'm having to make my own tea today as the office tea wallah has booked a couple of days off, bloody inconsiderate if you ask me.
  • Purchase today so have involved a return ticket to London, locks, scant, cellotex backed plasterboard and a random baby toy off amazon.

Now to get on with some real work.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Veronese68 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    ... did a v68 and enjoyed the pub last night :)
    Wise move.

Morning folks,
    Been a busy start to the day which is unfortunate with the traditional Thursday morning hangover in evidence. good visit to the old man last night. He was up and about walking unaided when I got there and was free of the drip. He started the day with a fart, which whilst quite normal for some was groundbreaking for him in more ways than one. That seems to have got things moving and he was a lot more comfortable later in the day. Today he's been told he can eat solid food and might even be discharged for the weekend. Fingers crossed. Big meeting with the quacks tomorrow afternoon where we're expecting to find out a bit more, fingers very much crossed for that one.
    Managed to pedal in for the first time this week, it was dark and foggy but not too cold. Jumped out of my skin when a very large stag appeared out of the bracken right next to me. I'm having to make my own tea today as the office tea wallah has booked a couple of days off, bloody inconsiderate if you ask me.

You take starting the day with a fart for granted really don't you?

Good to hear he's on the mend, and yes, fingers crossed for meeting with consultants.

Well done on the pedal - I've twankered it this morning as I left my bike here on Tuesday, then day off yesterday. Back home on the bicycle, which I'm looking forward to.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Working from home then chucking stuff in the car and headed down the M4 to Wales, where pub grub will be enjoyed this evening. And bizarrely its forecast to be cool and sunny in the Valleys all day tomorrow so perfect downhilling weather :) Just got to get some work delegated/off my plate then I'm set.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • I'm wondering if anyone can give me an advice, in of the current Project Profits there is a gas meter with about £200 of debt on it.

If I put the new gas card I've received from TOTO Energy will it clear the debt? I really have no idea and have spent almost four hours (2 separate calls) on hold to TOTO before giving up the will to live.

I also have very little experience using pre pay electric/gas but as they're rentals intend on leaving them in place.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Back home this evening, arrived to some dodgy weather incoming. Looks like thunderstorms overnight, woohoo.

Onto the tools again tomorrow to finish the last few jobs and get this house sold.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    I'm wondering if anyone can give me an advice, in of the current Project Profits there is a gas meter with about £200 of debt on it.

If I put the new gas card I've received from TOTO Energy will it clear the debt? I really have no idea and have spent almost four hours (2 separate calls) on hold to TOTO before giving up the will to live.

I also have very little experience using pre pay electric/gas but as they're rentals intend on leaving them in place.
    Sorry no idea, but how TF do you get into debt on a pre-pay meter? Thought they just stopped supplying leccy and gas when you used up the prepaid amount.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I'm wondering if anyone can give me an advice, in of the current Project Profits there is a gas meter with about £200 of debt on it.

Sorry no idea, but how TF do you get into debt on a pre-pay meter? Thought they just stopped supplying leccy and gas when you used up the prepaid amount.

Only way I can think is if someone gets behind with their gas/leccy and the supplier fits an adjusted pre pay meter to clear said debt.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Was out last night and a pub was involved.
    Today will be spent on my ar5e doing jack sh1t, as was yesterday and the day before that.
  • veronese68
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Only way I can think is if someone gets behind with their gas/leccy and the supplier fits an adjusted pre pay meter to clear said debt.
    Pretty much. There's a crazy old Russian guy that works here that has a pre-pay meter at the place he rents. There was a debt on it that got cleared, then every now and then they sneak it back on. I know this because I end up making the calls for him as it gets a bit beyond him. They eventually take it off again and then a year or two later we go through the whole saga again. Having said that I think it's been longer than that since the last time, maybe it has finally been wiped.
    So talk to them HD and explain that you have bought the place, not sure if any proof would help. I never gave any just said it wasn't his debt so proof of change of ownership may help. I would think you do have to talk to them to clear the debt, but you could try sticking the card in to see what happens. If it doesn't clear it then get on the phone.
  • veronese68
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Was out last night and a pub was involved.
    Today will be spent on my ar5e doing jack sh1t, as was yesterday and the day before that.
    That all sounds good to me. Was you mate Bally at the pub too?
  • Thanks all, I think it's a standing charge which accrues over time and the houses were empty for a considerable period which have added to the debt. I'm quite happy to pay my portion of the charge but not that a previous owner.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,438
    until you enter into an implied contract by using their electricity or an explicit one by accepting their terms, i can't see how you'd be liable

they need to confirm the current meter reading as the point at which you become liable for charges

if possible, take a photo/video of the meter showing the reading and with today's paper in shot, that gives you some backup if they aren't being responsive and you need to get on with things
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • It seems Hayden M on live chat is sending me some new cards which will wipe everything to £0.00.

I wait with baited breath...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Matthewfalle
    Climbing rocks and today I didn't die. Am now having a nice cup of tea.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170

Congratulations on not being deaded!

Remembered a Rapha stores opened in Bicester works out as about a 60 mile loop, trying to decide that or Mentmore hill at the weekend now.
  • pinno
    sungod wrote:
    until you enter into an implied contract by using their electricity or an explicit one by accepting their terms, i can't see how you'd be liable

they need to confirm the current meter reading as the point at which you become liable for charges

if possible, take a photo/video of the meter showing the reading and with today's paper in shot, that gives you some backup if they aren't being responsive and you need to get on with things

AFAIK, you are only liable from the point you purchased the property. If it was rented and you are the landlord, then it's your liability (unfortunately). You have the right to chase the debt up (however successful that may be).

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/nirel ... rgy-bills/
  • Matthewfalle
    Step83 wrote:

Congratulations on not being deaded!

Remembered a Rapha stores opened in Bicester works out as about a 60 mile loop, trying to decide that or Mentmore hill at the weekend now.

thank you! I have just smashed my head to smithereens though and am now sporting a huge lump above my head and a cracking shiner.

what this will do to the sanity of my posts - who knows?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno

You mean they can get worse?!
  • Stevo_666
    Now in Welsh Wales. The local had a steak night - two steaks and a bottle of wine for £20. I could get used to this.

Downhilling tomorrow. They've redone our favourite black run and made it a bit hairier so time to grow a pair...
  • pinno
    ...or loose them in the process as the case may be.
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:

currently sporting cracking unilateral perioptical echymosis. And my head hurts.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Now in Welsh Wales. The local had a steak night - two steaks and a bottle of wine for £20. I could get used to this.

Downhilling tomorrow. They've redone our favourite black run and made it a bit hairier so time to grow a pair...

proper food from a proper country.

whos steak is this dinner?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Pinno wrote:

currently sporting cracking unilateral perioptical echymosis. And my head hurts.

You look like a giant Panda? ...and you aren't up for it. There's an odd comparison in there.