wednesday flinging pies in the faces of reactionaries, pies of fire

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,438
edited October 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

office coffee, aspirations of mass reduction remain, well, aspirational

this leaves me with the choice of new discoveries in fundamental physics, or reducing carbs, experimental validation of loop quantum gravity here i come
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    I'm trying to do the same after last weeks BUPA blooper. Not sure how successful it will be as my next exercise is downhilling in Wales...

On train into town. Who TF organises meetings at 8am? When I rule the world they'll be first against the wall.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,438
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I'm trying to do the same after last weeks BUPA blooper. Not sure how successful it will be as my next exercise is downhilling in Wales...

On train into town. Who TF organises meetings at 8am? When I rule the world they'll be first against the wall.

better than webexes at 8pm, that's colonials for you
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning lads, well after the early morning rain and wind, the sun has managed to break through and the wind as a dropped , so what to do,
    (1) remove leaves from garden
    (2) ride the bike

I think number 2
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Lots of meetings at 8am where I work. Prefer to be up and in early though still tend to get home at 7 on average
  • tlw1
    Today is my Friday :) pub later
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    edited October 2017
    sungod wrote:
    'ning

office coffee, aspirations of mass reduction remain, well, aspirational

this leaves me with the choice of new discoveries in fundamental physics, or reducing carbs, experimental validation of loop quantum gravity here i come

There's no impact lost in simplicity you know. Like 'work, coffee, work, pineapple'. In no particular order.

Now where was I, I was interrupted? Had to answer the door to JW's. Told 'em "Sorry, no creationalism in this house, just evolution."
    Stevo 666 wrote:

You've not heard of International time zones then?!

Me goosed me. Kinda over cooked it a little methinks. Peace there isn't as toots are still off school, washing machine and tumble dryer on the go plus the naturally occurring noises in my head makes for a heady mix.
    Another coffee methinks.

No VN?! Must be short of biscuits and tea the poor basket. Mind you, at least we don't have to read some rambling, arduous and repetitive monologue. I'm sure he copies and paste's previous posts. I mean, he's not exactly blessed with a work ethic, is he?

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Morning lads, well after the early morning rain and wind, the sun has managed to break through and the wind as a dropped , so what to do,
    (2) ride the bike

I think number 2
    Was that Option 3?
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    (2) ride the bike

I think number 2
    Was that Option 3?

No idea why there was any prevaricating at all.

Good evening WS. I have an idea for you. Buy a house in Alice Springs. You'll have no gardening to do as nothing grows out there and you'll have plenty of change left over.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    I feel like it's Thursday as I have a slight hangover, this was probably caused by drinking beers in the local. I don't see the point in sweeping leaves, there will be more of them soon enough. I'm not keen on the idea of 8am meetings, but it's the meetings I object to. I start at 7.30 anyway unfortunately. The early starts are a pain but leaving at 4.30 makes it worthwhile.
    Got t take the girl child to physio later then go and see the old man. Two hospitals in one day, deep joy. The lad phoned yesterday and was absolutely buzzing. He'd had a great day and was offered a job. Cheered me up no end.
    I'm now three cups of tea into the day and am about to have a coffee, should probably do some work.
    Got interrupted by pesky customers whilst writing this, they are so inconsiderate. Unfortunately a lot of them ask for me as I seem to know what I'm doing, it's a carefully crafted illusion aided by the incompetence of those around me.
    Piña wrote:
    I mean, he's not exactly blessed with a work ethic, is he?
    You're not wrong there, I try to avoid it but is keeps coming after me and biting me on the aris.
  • pinno
    Where's the Godiva biffer bab? Is he waggin it, playing marlies behind the bike sheds?
    Where's tweedle dee and tweedle dum the Welsh duo?
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Pinno wrote:
    (2) ride the bike

I think number 2
    Was that Option 3?

No idea why there was any prevaricating at all.

Good evening WS. I have an idea for you. Buy a house in Alice Springs. You'll have no gardening to do as nothing grows out there and you'll have plenty of change left over.
    Never visited there, must do one day. Nearly had a contract job a few years ago working for the US Military base out there, a secret squirrel operation. Pine Gap.

Back home tomorrow arvo.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

You've not heard of International time zones then?!
    It's so inconsiderate. Why cant' they be on GMT rather than 8 hours ahead?

I reminded them on the call about the clocks going back this weekend just in case they try to organise something at 7am next week.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Two hospitals in one day, deep joy.
    Blimey. In stereo.

Turns out my old dear does not have pneumonia but they haven't figured out what it is yet and she's staying in for now. I had to have the 'DNR' conversation with the doctor this morning which cheered me up no end.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, bright today, too bright.
    New rubber rings on the car today abused the works black circles discount and got some "mid range premiums" which makes no sense but meh. After work off to try an sort out a plan for next year with a local cycling club, as in "what actually are we doing"
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Turns out my old dear does not have pneumonia but they haven't figured out what it is yet and she's staying in for now. I had to have the 'DNR' conversation with the doctor this morning which cheered me up no end.
    Hope it all works out for her.
    We've got a family meeting with the doctor's Friday pm, I guess they'll tell us more about what the plan and prognosis is then.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Pinno wrote:
    Where's the Godiva biffer bab? Is he waggin it, playing marlies behind the bike sheds?
    I'm here bab. I am indeed wagging it, but no marlies, entertaining mini H3 instead. Lovely sunny day, we're off to run the dog in a minute. Then swimming. We have made gingerbread men too, which are misshapen, but delicious.
    Metallica were quite noisy and very polished, 3.5 out of 5 stars for me. Not as good as 1988, but then what is? Lots of middle aged blokes wearing the same metalhead uniform that I wore as a stinking mid-teenager.
  • Stevo_666
    Quiet in here innit...
  • hopkinb
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Quiet in here innit...

200w.gif
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Quiet in here innit...

200w.gif
    Kind of expected for me after a day of TP and French tax audits.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    hello! on holiday. its nice.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Still in Bournemouth?
  • hopkinb
    Where you gone? Malta?
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Quiet in here innit...

200w.gif

Oi Babs - that's my line.
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Quiet in here innit...

200w.gif

Soz arr kidder.
  • tlw1
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Quiet in here innit...

200w.gif

Soz arr kidder.

It's busy in the pub (shooting season has started)
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Quiet in here innit...

[img]<span%20class="skimlinks-unlinked">https://preview.ibb.co/kmgWam/200w.gif</span>[/img]

Soz arr kidder.

S'allright, just a bit mardy me.
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:

Shooting what?!
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Shooting what?!

People from Bridgnorth
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Shooting what?!

People from Bridgnorth

It's a bit late for one f*cker. :wink:
  • veronese68
    I was at the hospital, then the pub. Old man was doing a lot better today.
    Thought for the day: what a difference a fart makes.