monday in a squeezed coherent state

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,432
edited October 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

office, coffee whilst abstaining from croissants, do some security cloudy stuff

mrs s off on girly trip, enabling me to contemplate the infinite in the absence of nattering*, have wine, then port

*best to not tell her i said that
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Long work day extending into the everning, but driving :(
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Coffee. Dark this morning. Nobody in the office again. Beginnings of zombie apocalypse?

I wore a TT visor on the road yesterday, is that a bannable offence?
  • sungod wrote:
    do some security cloudy stuff

Like deciding where the ping pong tables go?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Final couple of days of daddy daycare for me while Mrs H3 gallivants in Spain. Well, nanny-care all day today, then daddy care in the evening. Then nanny-care & granny-care tomorrow. I'm off to see Metallica tomorrow, which hopefully will be good. I last saw them in 1988 as a greasy 15 year old.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    HaydenM wrote:
    Depends, were you walking or driving?
    Definitely was dark this morning, took the Mini in as I'm picking the Mrs up then off to see the old man at the hospital. Can't travel very far in that car without the need to have a pee, it is very bouncy to say the least. Need to fix the exhaust and replace the rear shocks at some point. I'm at work and quite busy but my head's not really in the game. Good job it's fairly simple stuff I don't need to think about. Third cup of tea is being made and I've just realised I forgot to turn my coffee machine on. That is now rectified.
  • haydenm
    Veronese68 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

Kayaking in the roadside drains
  • veronese68
    HaydenM wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

Kayaking in the roadside drains
    That's fine then, keeps the spray out your eyes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    Had a bit of a scare. Picked up a voice message on the train headed in, saying my old dear had been rushed to hospital in the early hours after struggling to breathe - turns out it's pneumonia. Never good news for someone who is nearly 90 and it was what finally got my old man earlier this year. Finally got through to the ward staff just now and seems to be a mild dose that they're treating with an antibiotic drip. Fingers crossed she will improve.

Was kind of difficult to focus on stuff this morning...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Had a bit of a scare. Picked up a voice message on the train headed in, saying my old dear had been rushed to hospital in the early hours after struggling to breathe - turns out it's pneumonia. Never good news for someone who is nearly 90 and it was what finally got my old man earlier this year. Finally got through to the ward staff just now and seems to be a mild dose that they're treating with an antibiotic drip. Fingers crossed she will improve.

Fingers crossed Stevo. Not the best of weeks for parents round here.
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Fingers crossed she will improve.
    Very much so.
  • veronese68
    hopkinb wrote:
    Not the best of weeks for parents round here.
    Unfortunately a lot of us are of an age at which our parents are of an age.
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

I know, it must be very difficult all the same.

My mother is 74, she's having the back of the house ripped off and a new open plan kitchen put in at the moment.. I believe they call it "skiing".
  • haydenm
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Fingers crossed Stevo. Not the best of weeks for parents round here.

Good luck to everyone, not nice at all
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Afternoon from cloudy MK, office dog has decided to lay right behind my chair so im pinned to he finishes snoozing. Stupid fault wise been advised kindly that we need to go and reboot a VDI server, said server is in Spain. Holiday excuse?
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Very true.

No follow up call from the hospital means good news so far as I told them to contact me if there was any marked deterioration. So will call in tomorrow and see how she is doing and when/whether she can go back to the home with a packet of antibiotic tablets (hopefully).
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

I know, it must be very difficult all the same.

My mother is 74, she's having the back of the house ripped off and a new open plan kitchen put in at the moment.. I believe they call it "skiing".
    I suppose its a vaguely sensible way to spend your money rather than p1ssing it up the wall. At 89, there's no chance of my old dear going 'skiing' apart from the care home fees...
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Plus potato
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    It's too late to post anything.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    At that time yesterday it was already today.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    At that time yesterday it was already today.

I had thought about starting the Tuesday thread but I got some abuse for when I did that previously.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    me too, though i really didn't care, to be honest it was nice to know that some perceived it as a transgression
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny