Zwift question relating to speed and distance not showing.

Spartacus1981
Spartacus1981 Posts: 254
Hi guys, broken collar man here again. So I finally borrowed the basic turbo off the friend (Tackx mag one with the resistance type strap the older ones used to have). Set up zwift account and paired my crank based power 2 max via the ant plus dongle etc and all tickety boo. Power and cadence showing on free ride zwift screen and same info on my wahoo bolt. Now I only rode like 2km after hobbling on the thing for a test but then when I uploaded on strava it just shows 0km with no speed and nothing to do with zwift ? Am I doing something wrong ? No speed was showing on wahoo either but might that be as I dont have a magnet for the cadence ?

Comments

• jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Go to your Zwift account on the PC and see if distance has been noted,
    https://my.zwift.com/index.jsp

Zwift sorts everything out, once a PM or smart trainer has been linked -- speed on Zwift is not the speed at your turbo back wheel.. it is set by algorithms.
  • Thanks, JGSI. I just managed my first half hour of Zwift (go me lol !) and managed to get it to upload properly to Strava with distance, cadence, power etc ! This time I stopped it on the laptop and it all seemed to do it's business which is good. Think I've a lot to learn about Zwift though as didn't have a clue what I was doing. Looks like it could be quite fun though which is good. I did try and join an event from the mobile app which didn't really seem to work .... Don't think I'm up to racing Edvald Boasson Hagen on there just yet !!
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Good work... the Zwift user facebook pages will give you a flavour of day to day Ztantrums.